do you ever just wanna.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DemiMorgue, May 22, 2003.

1. DemiMorgue

DemiMorgue New Member

... run away?

i'd say "end it all" but that's way more final than i want to be... i'm the curious sort that always wants to see "what's next" but after spending some time reading thru this site, i don't see where anything's ever going to get better.... i know my pain level ~ and i consider it to be quite bad... till i read what others are going thru ~ is this it?? is this the best i'm ever going to be?

there's a spa/retreat in upstate new york.. the mind/health resort(?)... has anyone gone to one of these??

does it help to "disappear" for awhile??

don't suggest meds. i'm tired of meds. even the thought of additional meds gets to me.
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Yes I would love to run away but the problem is my pain, need to work, etc. would all go with me.
    So guess I will stay here and deal the best I can.
    I know it seems things never get better but I still have hope even though it seems to get smaller all the time.
    hang in there
  3. Mumu

Mumu New Member

I don't have a miracle cure for your illness, but I do want you to know that you CAN get better. My fibromyalgia was much worse several years ago, before I got the diagnosis and found out what I was dealing with. I learned a lot from reading and from talking to others with the illness. I learned most from a wonderful chiropractor who helped me to see that stress was the biggest trigger for my symptoms. I didn't even realize how much stress was getting to me because I could always "laugh it off" and go on. I didn't realize that holding in my emotions was part of the problem. I acted like things were fine when they were really eating at me inside. I used hypnosis, both with a therapist and using tapes, to learn to relax and let go of the tension that had always been with me. I started exercising - not a dull, daily routine, but doing things I really enjoyed, like hiking (a little at a time), swimming, and even skating with my kids. After awhile I had improved enough that I actually made a trip to Guatemala and rode a mule through the jungle for six days, sleeping on the ground, and I SURVIVED! I still hike some, at age 52. I do have pain, but it's tolerable with just Excedrin. I take that mainly for migraines, but it helps the all-over aches too. Anyway, I wanted you to know that there ARE things you can do to feel better, but it takes some changes in lifestyle, diet, and mental outlook. You CAN learn not to let stress get to you, and that's the key to the whole thing.
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I always say I want to run away but that is ridiculous because all that I want to run away from is within
    me and my own body.

I have been disabled since I was 27, had failed back surgery, degenerative disc, scoliosis, haital hernia,
    IBS, acid reflux, severe allergies, extreme exhaustion,
    sluder's syndrome, gallbladder problems, arthritis,
    polycystic ovarian disease, insulin resistance, etc,
    The list goes on and on.

My life and young years have been robbed from me.
    I am 41 and single and live with my mother. I am unable to do much of anything. My mother and I are best friends which helps. I do not need to run away from her. We make each other laugh. However,
    we are both worried and concerned about each other.
    She just had breast cancer last year and the entire situation threw me into a huge flare.

I want a body transplant.
    Lynn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Demi, welcome to our world! I think we would all like to run somewhere at times.

I won't suggest meds, they don't work for me anyway. I take supplements, vitamins, minerals, and a lot of just plain home remedies and have felt soooo much better in the last year.

Glad you found us, and hang in there, things do get better sometimes, and yes, I have had it 'disappear' for a whole year once! Thought I was a 'normal' again, but it did come back.

I am in a flare right now, first one this bad in a year. I honestly forgot how bad this pain can be!

Againm welcome and please post often!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Just to get some peace and quiet, mostly.

I am really excited cos my ex is taking our two kids to USA for two weeks in August - so my darling partner, Phil and me are going up to The Isle Of Skye...on our own...for two whole weeks!!!

If any of you know Skye, it is THE place to go for peace, serenity, beauty, good simple living...me and Phil are going to live there when the kids have left home - they are both doing school exams and it wouldn't be fair to uproot them now...

So that is my 'running away' - trouble is, we have to come back! I always cry buckets when we leave - but at least we get to have those precious two weeks...

MUMU - hiking through the jungle on a mule!!!!! Way impressive!!!!

hugs
    Mary x
  7. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi there,
    Ive had Cfs,Fibro,Crohns disease,asthma,multiple allergies,awful headaches etc. etc for 7 years now.
    My pain threshold is very very high but the pain i get from this DD is unbearable & crippling.
    I have a gorgeous 9year old daughter,a great guy & 4 cats who give me soo much love between them & they do soo much for me(even the cats.)
    Im a very lucky lady & after 7years of this ive learned to live with it & cope the best way i can.
    Yes i get down,frustrated etc. there would be something wrong with me if i didnt,but i keep going.
    I know a blind lady who comes shopping on our local pick up service every week & when i see her i think im good compared to her.
    It is very hard & some days are worse than others but always remember you have youre friends on here to talk to & always will have.
    Try to keep your chin up
    Very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi there,
    Ive had Cfs,Fibro,Crohns disease,asthma,multiple allergies,awful headaches etc. etc for 7 years now.
    My pain threshold is very very high but the pain i get from this DD is unbearable & crippling.
    I have a gorgeous 9year old daughter,a great guy & 4 cats who give me soo much love between them & they do soo much for me(even the cats.)
    Im a very lucky lady & after 7years of this ive learned to live with it & cope the best way i can.
    Yes i get down,frustrated etc. there would be something wrong with me if i didnt,but i keep going.
    I know a blind lady who comes shopping on our local pick up service every week & when i see her i think im good compared to her.
    It is very hard & some days are worse than others but always remember you have youre friends on here to talk to & always will have.
    Try to keep your chin up
    Very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)
  9. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

I Alway"s Say I wan"t to RUN Away !!!!!!!!!!!
    And we do have good time's )Some time"s( a remimmision}
    I'll call It,,,I have 4 kids so cheacking out permanity
    dosent cross my mind
    ,But It has ,When ,I first started w/ all the pain this DD can give out , I told my husband ,I could litterly go in the next room& GOD could bring me home that's the only way ,i could descibe my Pain to him,,,Well Now After Yr's of Dr's ,It was my Familt Dr Who helped me the most (yes) w/ oxxi, But hear i found out after getting on it ,that abought a yr ago or so i broke my leg ,under my l-knee
    and didnt even know iy ,
    COME ON , I didnt Know my Leg was Broke ,Yea That's how bad my Pain was,
    But Yes i Would love to go away for some time just for taking care off my self in a hart beat !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So go for it , I do water theraphy & lite exersises
    God Bless you
    cindy

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2003]
  10. beatlemom

beatlemom New Member

My Goodness!!!
    I always say I want to run away or answer my children asking "where's mom?" that "she left and she's not coming back"!! (They're adults so it doesn't scare them anymore)!!!

I didn't realize that this could be a symptom of fibro/cfs!!! lol
    have a "good" day
    beatlemom

11. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I'm always suggesting to my husband "lets go here or there", I have even been trying to talk him into moving. I guess in the back of my mind I think that if I go away somewheres or move that this diease I have will stay right here and not follow me. Wouldnt that be nice?
    Carlacat