Do you ever think that there must be MORE wrong?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shazz, Jul 3, 2003.

1. shazz

shazz New Member

I have been sitting here for the last two days thinking that this can't be JUST fibro. I feel like I am going to die. I hope this isn't the beginning of anxiety disorders for me again, but I don't have that feeling of dread like I am going die this minute, no panicked feelings, just I think there HAS to be something else major wrong with me.
    I can't believe how weak, exhausted and lifeless I am.
    I am supposed to make potato salad for a get together tomorrow and I just do not have the strength to do it. I am going to have to make the kids do it for me.
    Just wondering if any of the rest of you have in the back of your mind it has to be something like cancer or lupus even though your medical tests say different?
    It's weird, I know FM is bad, I believe in it with all my being, but I just can't shake this feeling that something else is going on.
    I know sleep deprivation can do terrible things, and that is probably it, and I am probably being silly. I am about ready to go to the hospital and demand that they do something to knock me out if they have to so I can get some sleep and some energy back.
    I really wish those docs that pooh pooh us with this is all in your head could feel like I do even if just for a day.
    Vent vent!!

Hugs,

Shazz
  2. me-n-fred

me-n-fred New Member

You just described what I feel perfectly. It's kind of an on-again, off-again thing for me. Some days I'm convinced there's something else wrong, other days I'm not. I don't think I'm looking for anything else to be wrong (although I'm not sure what hasn't gone wrong sometimes!), but it just feels that way. I completely understand what you're saying. Fibro is such an all-inclusive disease where almost every symptom in the book could be caused by fibro that it's hard to tell when something's out of whack beyond the "norm".
    I'm pretty spacey tonight--had a massage today with a new lady and she did a real number on me--so I don't know if I'm making sense. Just know that you're not alone with those thoughts!!
  3. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Knowing what you can/can't achieve when you're feeling yucky can be a really valuable tool, Shazz!

Your kids might have a great time making the salad...and while they do that, you can rest up and get ready for the event. If by chance they aren't up for it, how about swinging by the grocery store on the way to the gathering?

There are times that I remember hoping that when I had my MRI that they would find a tumor because then that could be treated. I didn't really want a tumor...but I wanted something treatable!

When you think there's something else going on with you is it because you're so wiped out, or because you want a diagnosis that is more *treatable* than FM?

My thought is that thinking there's something else would make me more worried and would get me feeling yuckier. What's your experience?

On the flip side, perhaps those thoughts will lead you to another doctor for a new test that you haven't had yet. Who knows!

Life with these symptoms certainly is an adventure!

Loveness~

4. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Shazz,
    Your not alone. I've been going thru this for the past few weeks. I get so frustrated..why,why,why? What is this DD all about?

{{{gentle hugs}}}

smilemona
    "you want a diagnosis that is more *treatable* than FM"

That's just about what I said to my doctor a few weeks ago. I'm not satisfied....there has to be more, but every test proves otherwise.

Tammy
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I drive my Doctor's crazy, trying to find something that they can fix, take out or do whatever to make me better.
    Not yet, but I just Know that there is something more to this, isn';t there?
    sharon
  6. klarry

klarry New Member

I always take heart in the knowledge that this condition can cause so many symptoms. In a weird way it is reassuring. My chest pain is costochondritis (sp?)- you can tell if there is pain on pressure to the rib cage. My intestinal problems are related to FM, etc.,etc. A doctor once told me that though our pain was as bad or worse than the pain of RA, we were not going to become crippled. I try to maintain a positive attitude. Things could be so much worse.
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I think this is due to the almost total lack of validation for this condition in our society.
    We are left to deal with it on our own, wondering at every new symptom, if it is real, what it means, and are we crazy, since no one seems to believe us.
    Now, I've been sick for almost 18 yrs., so I realize if I really had some other horrible disease, I'd be pushing up daisies by now.
    Klutzo
  8. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

I went through a horrible three months back in November. At times I just wanted to die. I swore I had something really bad going on. Every test was normal, doc says your fine. I felt like you, noone could feel that horrible and be fine. I think I had every MRI, x-ray and blood work done. I thought those 3 months were never gonna end and that I was surely going to be diganosed with something horrible. I've had fibro for 25 years but it hit the limit back in Nov. I'm feeling better now thank goodness but who knows when another long flare will hit. Don't you notice when its really bad you think there is something really worng and when you have a pretty decent day your thoughts are a typical fibro day? Thats what I went through and I guess it was just a horrible flare that didn't want to quit. It is scary and frustrating to think we can be that sick and feel soooo horrible and drained and have nothing show up..So on that note your definetly not alone.....

better days hopefully...
    Cathie
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

I posted on this feeling a long time ago~ and I still feel like that!!!its terrible~ Always thinking that there missing something really BIG!! but like Klutzo said,if that were the case, with me anyway-I must have two legs in the ground cause i've been sick for over 11 yrs!But the severity of some of the symptoms makes you think that THIS is Fibro??it can't be...THIS is bad!!
    Alot of my days are lost due to my pain and fatique.
    Ya think some day they'll figure it out???
  10. MarieHerman

MarieHerman New Member

Seems there has to be something else, right? It is hard to believe you feel as bad as you do so much of the time and there is nothing they can see in any tests. Lack of sleep is horrendous. You must get some rest. If your doc doesn't acknowledge this is a 'REAL'problem, find a new doc. I am fortunate that I have a rheumatologist thru Kaiser in California that is great. I was sent to a "sleep class" and they wanted you to juggle your times, foods, etc. I told them just give me something to sleep and then I can handle the days. I take a very small amount of Klonopin and it really helps. Good luck.