Do you ever think the dr. is missing something?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Sep 10, 2005.

1. I mean I have sooo much pain in my body and joints , and everywhere I sometimes find it hard to believe they can't find anything and find the cause of so much PAIN! I hurt so bad, why can't they find a cause for fibro and a cure.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Yes, something about a brick, and a load. Depends of the doc too.

Jeanne
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

M.D. in general miss lots but they have one or two pills for every symptom, they hear symptoms only my old M.D.'s anyway . But..D.O. Doctors and my new Chiropractic they are cool in my book because they treat the whole body not just symptoms.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Dee50
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

Kind of a cockeyed theory, but I'm thinking that there are a number of contributing causes to FM...Just because they haven't specifically isolated one cause or one symptom, they just treat the symptoms, and from what I can tell (only dealing with this for 3 mos, though), none of us ever really feel terrific physically. I'm thinking this is because the problem is still there....they're just covering the symptoms with myriad of medicines (which brings a whole other set of side effect symptoms!). I'm sure some day there will be a concrete understanding of why we feel this way. Our society has always been slow to work on what is often considered to be a "female" problem (though many men suffer also!)....just think, less than 100 years ago, common theory was that women were so "delicate" because they were fainting all the time. Meanwhile, they were wearing corsets that cut off 60% of their air supply! For centuries, if a woman had a health complaint, they simply diagnosed her as hysterical and gave her bottles of opiats to sip delicately. So, anyway, I'm sure they'll figure it out someday. And when they do, lemme tell you, I'm going to rub it in the nose of every acquaintance and doctor whos insinuated that I'm overreacting or "imagining" myself ill. Whew! That was quite a rant! lol
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You are absolutely right. Most Drs just treat the symptoms and not the root causes of the symptoms. I am so much better after treating the bacterial infection( mycoplasma) and the viral infection(EBV) and a few other things.

I also blame insurance companes who will not pay for the many of the treatments and or tests to get to the bottom of things! You have to keep searching for a Dr who will treat this the way it should be treated! Lynn
  6. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Butterfly:

I wonder about this every day. How can I feel like I do and not have an explanation and why do all these weird symptoms keep popping up?

Sometimes I feel desperate and sometimes I just get myself through the day trying to enjoy my life as best I can. I have always felt I wanted to help other people and now I feel I can't even help myself.

Nancy
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

She gave me pain meds (light ones)
    told me to exercise lightly
    told me to de-stress
    tried accupuncture
    massage
    synthroid
    bought that cane thingy for pressure points
    used heat around sore neck

ANYWAY ---- went to Fibro and Fatigue Center, got
    tested for viruses AND GET THIS:

I HAVE LYME DISEASE AND 3 OTHER VIRUSES!

None of the above mentioned things can fight a virus or bacteria!

It pays to get tested as Lyn mentioned above for viruses, and other root causes.

Sandy
  8. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i know that my doc. makes me feel like it is all in my head. she tells me all test have come back fine. so i asked her one day what about the weakness in my left side, or falling because my legs hurt so bad, they can't hold me up. or even my face getting numb. and not to mention miragaines. yes she still makes me believe it is still in my head, and has not real answers. only that i have fm, and that might be a part of it
  9. trtrexler

trtrexler New Member

I think you should investigate HBOT or hyperbaric oxygen therapy for your pain and other problems. Furthermore, I would say you have a second cousin of LYME Disease, which is the cause of ALL or most your problems. (email addy removed per rules)
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member