Do you ever wake up cranky and have fits of fury?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beeleaf, Aug 16, 2006.

1. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Warning, this is going to be a lengthy vent, so don't read if you're stressing.

I woke up emotional, crying over things that probably won't even be real later. Then I had trouble using the new coffee grinder. Well, that's all it took. I can report that the top part of Mr. Coffee is sturdy enough to handle being hurled across the kitchen. I'm trying to make light of it, but it's not really funny. I hurt my shoulder worse doing that.

I'm trying not to lash out at anybody, but at the same time I want to smack the ever loving crap out of somebody. (Not you guys)

I think part of it is from my experience at the chiropractor Monday (he hurt me, then had some trouble with his listening skills). I'm supposed to go back today, but am torn between "maybe he can do something to fix what he did Monday" and "to heck with the stupid quack".

I also allowed the person I go there with to "take over" and have him do cold laser on an area that is not at the top of the pain list, while ignoring an area that keeps me up at night (which happens to also be the part he made worse). The treatment is part of a package that includes ONE cold laser per month. If I want more than that, it's $40. It probably won't do any good anyway, but I regret not getting to at least try it on the SI/hip.

I'm not sure who I'm mad at more, them or me. And I'm probably feeling more than is required. It feels like it. How do you turn it off?
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

Try deep breathing. Go for a walk if you can ,do something physical. I swim. It's so hard for us. My spouse understands and tries to explain things simple to me one thing at a time. I used to be quick, alert all the time, and now they want me (family) to get a petscan of my brain to see if there is something wrong. Bad fibro fog, its as debilitating as this damn disease FM,arthritis in spine and else where,buldging disks in neck and back,fatigue, so NO WONDER your stressed out. The simplest of tasks can be so disheartning. Chin up I take Klonipin when i feel like im loosing it, but catnip tea,valerian root tea,valume, what ever it takes. I hope you feel better , take a hot bath if you can and deep breath.
    Hope this helps,,,, YOU ARE NOT ALONE JUST remember that

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Our illness is so frustrating and sometimes its hard to keep calm. On top of this you've had a bad experience with a 'professional'.

Letting it all out is sometimes necessary.

4. tracii

tracii New Member

You know what I'm SO tired of? Assumptions, assumptions being made without people taking the time to even learn about my illnesses. My brother has told me "you are more capable of things then you realize", my mother told my husband that I could "manage my time better" because she ASSUMED I was on the computer all day & talking with my bro's GF all the time. Of course I wasn't doing either. Plus I end up with all of the crap work -since I'm home all day and all (<-dripping with sarcasm.)

Hubby gets "tired" of listening to me "complaining" all the time. WE should be the ones complaining! All these other people actually DO have ALL day! I would trade with these people any day! I WANT the ability to be able to work all week long. I WANT the independence. I WANT to be the breadwinner again.

Sorry, I'm stressed & read your post anyway. Healthy people take so much for granted. Then they lay judgement upon us.
  5. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I've noticed this intense anger in me. I think it could be menapausal or the CFS. But it is a challenge

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all.
    Blessings Sally
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

had a t-shirt that said: DO YOU EVER WAKE UP CRANKY?

Undeneath it said, Most days I let him sleep.

I get fed up w/ this stuff too, especially if I don't take my Effexor. And at over $400 a bottle, I try not to take it too often.

Now that I'm retired and look back, I think the best thing that can happen to you in life is to be lucky. Just having good intentions and working hard is no gurantee of actually accomplishing anything.

Well, who knows, perhaps tomorrow someone will announce a cure.

7. tracii

tracii New Member

I'm 36 with osteoporosis, ammenorhea, Celiac, Fibro & most likely CFS (never got a dx), + I'm not ovulating.

Endocrinologist has me on Estrace & Premerin cream & since I've had constant PMS.

Just got lab tests back yesterday (T-4, TSH, PROLACTIN & CORTISOL) having a hard time understanding them though. (I posted about it but the post got lost).

Does estrogen replacement therapy make you more "hormonal"?
  8. rockgor

In response to your question, I am supposed to take 2 pills a day, 75 mg each. But since I retired and lost my group insurance, I try to just take one.

Yesterday I didn't take one until I really needed it which was about 2 AM.

Now I have the new Medicare plan. The cost is reduced by $5.

I have asked my dr. twice to prescribe something for which there is a generic. He won't give me a new pill so I'm getting a new dr.
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

A lot too.

500 mg twice daily. It's not very expensive and is the main stress vitamin that builds a neurotransmitter important to your mood. If you are clumsy too, it will help that. When I get really bitchy and clumsy I know its time to start again or up my p.a.

10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Effexor at Sams club abd probably costc0 is about $200.I aasked the pharmacy there.Linda
  11. rockgor

Thanks for the info on Costco. My partner is a member. He talked to the Rx dept. It IS cheaper. But they only sell it in bottles w/ 30 pills instead of 100.

I haven't done the math yet to figure out how much cheaper.

Fingers, I am going to try tapping my face. Who knows. Maybe I will get maple syrup. Haha.
  12. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Hormones were probably a large factor. It felt very much like PMS did (I've been in perimenopause for several years & may have crossed the bridge. Taking natural supplements recommended by my ob-gyn).

I made it through yesterday without strangling anybody. Did not go to the appointment, just to be on the safe side of that. ;~) And today is another day.

I do want to thank you all for being here. That was the first time I've really expressed those feelings outside the safety of my home. I've elected to at least try to hide them as much as possible, so I might appear to have my caca together. It might have also been part of my reluctance to accept this diagnosis. I've always felt embarrassed to even say the word "fibromyalgia" out loud.

Funny, I looked at my profile yesterday and realized I signed up in 2003. (I was dx'ed Dec. 2002.) And I still fight it.

Anyway, having this place to post and my choice to go ahead and share even though it felt embarrassing led to a heart felt talk with my significant other last night. We sat out on the back porch with the stars and the chirpers. I poured and cried. I usually hate that afterward, but this time it feels more like a layer of acceptance happening. I think I was afraid that accepting meant giving in to this dd. Well, the thing has a way of forcing your hand, I think.

Today, I feel more centered & grateful, and am going to have some fun playing. Thanks for listening and for the replies. I'll check out that face tapping thing.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/17/2006</i>]
  13. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I am feeling drained, in pain and I still have to get caught up on my home-based business, which I love. I have a job in the daytime until I can get my home-based business off the ground.

My husband just wants me to be quiet when I come home, pretend nothing is wrong. I wish I could be alone after work so I can complain and vent. I need to vent!
  14. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Not all chiropractors use the same methods. The one I've been seeing has some very gentle tools and techniques. He uses a special table with sections that "drop" for the hip adjustment. I hate that part, but it's usually because I'm overly sensitive to being "jarred". This was the first time it actually hurt me.

I think the problem is that we're easy to hurt. If I could afford it, I'd prefer a combination of accupuncture, accupressure, maybe the gentle chiropractic tools (cold laser and I think the gadget is called an activator?), and massage. Add a dip in the pool for good measure- even though that seems to aggravate some problems for me, it is relaxing.

I'm not convinced that a chiropractor is even the right choice (for me), but I'm being treated to a month of it, so I thought it was worth a try.

I looked up cold laser therapy because this guy is so enthusiastic about having the equipment (he says he is one of only 2 chiros in our area who have it). It is actually being considered for use in mainstream medicine. But there apparently are some imitations out there, so check out the practitioner if you can. I feel pretty sure this one is for real. He used it on my knee and my surgical scar looks a lot better.
  15. sascha

sascha Member

my brain is working differently. for some time i've been noticing a swollen feeling in my brain. i don't seem to be able to keep my emotions in check. i have had a couple of meltdowns that totally debilitate me, astonish me, worry me. i lose all control, get hysterical.

it is so weird to me. i wind up shaking, just overwhelmed, and feel like i need the six-week Swiss sleep cure.

i just threw my cell phone in the back of my car, and i'm not going to use it for a week. maybe longer.hey! maybe never again.

i've been getting so much stress from part of my family. i found out the very hard way that i cannot be part of that scene. i am taking the steps to withdraw. my therapist told me my remaining ration of health is threatened,and i must get out of the stressful situation. y-i-k-e-s, sascha

it all makes me very scared
  16. caroleye

caroleye New Member

There are so many reasons for us needing to do this.

Just don't do it on my Angry post, as you just may get someone come in & tell you it's "your" negativity!!
    Obviously someone who lacks the understanding & compassion for those of us who are struggling daily.

If I just "stuffed" my anger, my illness would escalate. Good news is that I have a husband who complains as much as me, so we're a good pair in that regard! ha.ha.

17. kjfms

kjfms Member

Well as a matter of fact I do at times wake up on the wrong side of the bed so to speak. I thing it is only human nature to do this every now and then.

It is OK to this when we do this on occasion I do not think it means we are Bipolar or any other mental illness.

IMHO I think it is possibly good old fashion anger and needs to be let out. I am a thrower and a door slammer not often but it does happen and there is nothing wrong with it.

In today's society of political correctness when most people are afraid to express what they are feeling and thinking I believe we all have pent up emotions that need to be released.....screaming into a pillow helps as well.

For the chiropractor situation speak your mind if he/she is hurting you let them know. If you feel another area would help you better speak up about it.

I wish you the best of luck and remember there is nothing wrong with getting angry :)

I hope you day gets better,

Karen :)
  18. Doober

Doober New Member

You know, I was in the car a few weeks ago with my wife and 2 kids.&lt;BR&gt;
    The subject of crankiness and pissy moods came up. The kids and my wife really surprised me with how much they know and understand about my moods and attitudes.&lt;BR&gt;
    One of my words that I use is Bulls$*t (bad habit I know). It amazed me that both my kids mentioned that they can tell my moods based on how I say this word. If it is quick, then it is part of a &quot;normal&quot; conversation or I am in a good mood.&lt;BR&gt;
    If I say it with a certain tone and it is said longer empasizing the syllables (their actual explaination to me), then I am not in a particularly good mood. The only exeption to this word meaning anything important is when I am on facebook playing poker and I lose a hand in a &quot;bad beat&quot;.&lt;BR&gt;
    Also one of my other words is simply &quot;just&quot;. If I say &quot;just&quot; with a hands raised, they know to drop whatever they were going to harass me with and leave me alone (unless it is important of course).
  19. gknee

gknee New Member

I too have been angry and emotional at times. I get this when I have been flaring for a while or had a bad day. It has gotten to the part where my kids say, Mom you don't feel good do you. Go upstairs and lay down for a while.&lt;BR&gt;
    I think this is a symptom of someone who is in constant pain. Your body can only take so much.
  20. rockgor

Haven't seen a post by you for ages. &lt;BR&gt;
    So how's by you?&lt;BR&gt;