do you every just scream?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 14, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

do you every just scream at this d.d.. my poor dogs just look at me and run , sometimes I just can"t take life anymore so I just stand in the kitchen and scream.
    I say over and over I hate you disease,then I cry for 30mins or so then I tell my d.d. that its not going to control me anymore and I get up and do something, and I feel better.
    I haven"t even been able to post much in the past few wks. yes I read the post and I think to my self i should write back , but I feel so empty inside I don:t know what to write to people anymore.
    I would be lost without this board, and I feel like i know many, but I just feel dead inside, kinda like when my first husband left me and my little girls.which has been yrs ago.
    I don't even care if I talk on the phone. Whats wrong with me? I don"t really feel sad. just like I need a time out.
    if we could just have 2 or3 days without thinking about this d.d. but when your in pain all the time its hard to do that as you all well know.
    If my pain lets up then my ears ring. or I feel dizzy,
    right now I'm having I.B.S. really bad.
    I dont want to become a veg, and not do anything but maybe just a few days of nothing would help.what ,da ya think.

Sixtyslady
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, it's hard to focus on anything much when we feel miserable.

This may not be a popular thought with you and many others here but what about a three-day vacation from all thoughts and references to your illness? As much as we love the board, I think we can become too focused on symptoms and suggestions of illness. Pretty soon stress builds and we're not much fun to live with, even for ourselves.

How about a few days of pampering yourself, watching good movies, reading a good book, sleeping, taking short walks, just sitting, breathing deeply and observing nature? Don't you think it might go a long way toward relaxing you?

And yes, I have screamed. When I could I used to get in my car, drive out in the country and scream. I felt better too. I think it's a good outlet.

Hugs,
    Marta
  3. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ya! for sure most of the time!,Maybe if we all scream together we can make the scream that was heard aroumd the world,lol,take care,angelkisses
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

No. I have never screamed. But I do cry easily!

I never cry AT the disease itself. I cry after wearing myself out doing something and end up barely being able to move, and in tremendous pain.

If I cried at every disease I had though, I would never have dry eyes! LOL I have a lot of medical problems (see bio) and right now in tremendous pain with my knees.

I had a recent accident--I fell out of my computer chair and twisted the calves of my legs which hurt both of my already-bad knees. I am awaiting surgery on my right knee now--it is scheduled for June 22nd. The other knee needs a total knee replacement and causes me pain 24/7.

It sounds like you are really depressed. Are you on any anti-depressants? If so, maybe it's not working like it should be. Maybe you need to make a visit to you doctor and tell him how you are feeling .... and get something for better control of your IBS, too.

Have you ever tried Neurotin and/or Cymbalta? Both are really good meds for fibro. I take both of them as well as a muscle relaxer, Zanaflex, at bedtime. They all work well for my fibro.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hugs,
    Janet

P.S. I was a teen in the sixties, too!

Also, when typing your posts, it would help us read them better if you would put some extra lines in between paragraphs!
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Worse than that; got a speeding ticket for going 13 miles OVER speed limit; cost me @$240.00. Lost my temper and was a very expensive temper tantrum.

What a day that was!

BlueSky555

THEN I screamed.[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2006]
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

wow' getting a ticket, that would make you scream.
    I guess when I get to the point I can't take much more, thats my relief.

I can't take alot of meds, so I more or less have to handle this on my own,not that I haven"t tried meds they usally just present another problem for me, and I just don"t need anymore.

I"ve been on just about every med made forI.B.S, and even ended up in the E.R. because of one.

But anyhow,I think maybe a 3 or 4 day break, just doing nothing but trying to relax would be a great help.

thanks sixtyslady
  7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

WHAT I USED TOO.I AM SUFFERING WITH MY RIGHT LEG A ND RIGHT
    SIDE OF MY BACK.

ALL I DID WAS PAINT SOME WOOD ITEMS FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND GIVE MY DOG A BATH. WHEN I LIFTED HER OUT OF THE TUB I FELT SOMETHING GO IN MY BACK.

I READ A LOT MORE....POSITIVE THINGS...THINGS THAT WILL UPLIFT ME. IDON'T LISTEN SO MUCH TO THE NEWS ANYMORE.

I WAS PLANNING A TRIP TO ALASKA THIS MONTH BUT HAD TO PUT IT ON HOLD FOR A WHILE, BECAUSE OF THE PAIN I AM IN.

JUST DO WHAT YOU CAN, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, AND JOURNAL THE POSITIVE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE.
  8. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Sixtyslady, Have you tried a Probiotic for your IBS? I can't tolerate any meds for it but the Probiotics you should be able to tolerate. You can order them on this board or buy them at a Health food store. I take a brand called New Chapter which is also a vitamin made from Whole Foods, so you can take them with or without food. I am a lot better since I have been taking them. And BTW, scream away when you need too !!!

Laura
  9. jyl

jyl Member

scream right now, but I don't have the energy...and besides, I'm at work and don't think they'd understand.

Sometimes I think a good scream or a cry is good just to get it out of your system and move on.

jyl
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I know what you mean,sometimes I think if I just ignore it I can do normal things,

I needed to go to the store today.and I felt dizzy so I thought that I"d be o.k., but I ended up having to come home before I got my shopping done. and then I felt panic
    and I had to breath through that.
    It would be great to just have one day were you could feel normal.
    I'am also scared to go places with people sometimes ,because I don"t want to feel sick and ruin everyone else,s fun.
    I guess that why we all feel lonely.

Thank God for my dogs and animals. at least I have them in the daytime. have a good one sixtyslady
  11. knitfan

knitfan New Member

I so hear what you are saying. I went through a 3 year period where I hardly had any symptoms at all and then boom! Around December it started creeping back plus the added element of anxiety. Now I also highly suspect depression with it because I also find that i want to reply to some of these but just don't hve the mental energy to do it. I have been unemployed for a year and can't seem to find a job tht will accomodate the hours/workload I can handle. I am 51 and sometimes feel that my usefulness in life is done. I am also usually very independent but have had to relinquish this to others because I absolutely can't cope at times. I think to myself to get out of the house but then it takes too much effort to decide where to go. Plus with me not working, not much money to spend for anything extra. I try to do volunteer work, but had to stop that because of the fibro/carpal tunnel.
    It really sucks sometimes!!