Do you experience nerve pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pat11, Oct 1, 2010.

1. pat11

pat11 New Member

I'm new here and want to know if anyone experience very sharp intense nerve pain (like a cattle prod has touched my tongue,thigh or wrist. I also have a burning pain (like a severe sunburn) to the skin with no swelling or color change.

My Dr. seems stumped about both symptoms, but has made the fm diagnosis because everything else fits: fatique, pressure points, wide spread pain.

I also become extremely fatigued for days following to much physical activity. Is this normal? Is it always going to be this way or is it intermittent? Will I ever get 6-8 hours sleep and wake up refreshed?

I would really appreciate some input.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Pat and welcome to the board.

I do suffer from the nerve pain. right now my lips are even buzzing! It has gotten progressively worse over the yrs. also understand the sunburn feeling to skin(that is nerve pain).

If you put this in the search here,you will find many posts about this.

Physical activity very common for fatigue,the biggest thing is too learn how to pace yourself and rest rest rest. this disease is so indiviual cant really say how it is going to go. One big key when you are first diagnosed is the rest part. excerise very gentle if at all.

sleep is another huge issuse. also do search on this.

Iam sorry to hear you have this. hope this helps,am a bit brainfogged today! jen
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Neurontin can help some, does not help me. I use all natural Hylands restful legs for my legs.

That burning is one thing that I hate. It is whole body for me.

Sorry you are sharing this.
  4. Tizz

Tizz New Member

...but I'm not sure if it is fibro. (I've been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in the past.)

Cymbalta works well for me.

5. gknee

gknee New Member

I have both FM and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Yes, I have a horrid sunburn all the time. Yes, I have cattle prods too. You might want to ask about CFS. Many of us have both. It might explain some of you fatigue. Do you have a constant sore throat? Swollen lymph nodes in your throat? Do you have post activity malaise? If so it is worth asking.
  6. coolma

coolma New Member

Yes to all of it. These are fibro symptoms. New to fibro? Get the book by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland from your library on fibromyalgia. It will give you all the symptoms, all the side effects and treatments. It's is the fibro guide! Good luck....information and knowledge give you power to deal with the issues you have. So, themore you know about it, the wiser you will be in treating it. Know that there are good and not so good doctors out there...and if your needs are not being met, you have the right to find someone who will help you. And, get the information you can off this board...there are some really seasoned smart people here who have tons of knowledge...look at the top of the page on "what has helped me themost" section. Good luck!
  7. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Dear Pat, yes I have had FM and CFS for over 10 yaers and experience burning nerve pain throughout my body when I over-do things and relapse. In fact, I had pain every day for years until I finally realized I was never going to improve without paying attention to my new limitations. So learning to pace, rest, and respect your limitations is crucial. Yes, you will always be 'sick' after over-doing it; yes, you will always have nerve pain after over-doing it. But no, in my experience, you don't have to live with constan have to change your life though. And getting sleep will also help alleviate pain; get on a sleep medication if nothing else works for you. And Gabapentin is a drug that will help calm that over-reactive nervous system and might bring down painlevels (it has workewd wonders for me but doesn't work for everyone. SE's are very low though so it's worth a try.)
    Rest, pace, sleep...your pain levels will subside. Good luck!