Do you feel DISCRIMINATION by Social Security Disabilty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Maryfibro2004, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Maryfibro2004

Maryfibro2004 New Member

I do. I have been fighting Social Security Disabilty For six yrs now and tired of beening told i have no disabilty. I can not work if i do i pay for it big time My Back,neck,feet hands,i just heart all over . Then i can not go do thinks with my Family Like going to the park. My husben and I where going to go to west yellowstone But I can not go now. My Back is in so much pian i can not sit for that long. I am so sad i just want to cry all the time now.I get to go to a Social Security Hearing on the June 8th but i do not think i will get it because i think they Discriminat a genst pepole with Fibromylagia.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2010]
  2. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

3. roge

roge Member

yes people with fm and me/cfs are discriminated against. it is appalling. many doctors (rheumatologists) wont see me because i have fm.
  4. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I know what you mean. I am disabled by CFS but I only got SSDI due to having Bipolar Disorder, which is ironic, because the Bipolar does not disable me, the CFS does. It's just hard to prove you have CFS since it is a diagnosis of exclusion. In my case all my labs tests came back normal. I really hope you get justice on the day of your hearing. Do you have a lawyer?
  5. rayswife

rayswife New Member

Been trying for two years...still waiting to get scheduled for a hearing. The answer I keep getting is that I'm not "disabled enough"! What does that even mean? So want to tell them, "Sure, I can work...if you find me a job where I only go in on my good days. And by the way, you might want to hire a psychic to tell me when I'll have my next good day. And, of course, if I exert myself, well...goodbye good day!"