Do You Feel Like A Trash Can?? Venting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

So, if this is a "trash can" illness, do you feel like you are treated like a trash can when you go to the Dr?? I do.

I have had chest pain for months, and chronic EBV, and my blood tests are off on strep, and carbon monoxide. So, they did a Ultrasound to check my spleen, which turns out to be 'normal', and so they just say "well, you should probably try to rest, here's some more anti-depressants, blah blah blah..." Well, why do I have this crushing chest pain in my rib cage??? As much pain killers as I'm on, that can't possibly be right.

I checked my symptoms on the Mayo Clinic site, and most symptoms lead to pericarditis!! So, I have to INSIST on tests to check for something else, b/c as you know, I am probably just a complainer, and darn it, CFS hurts!!

What a load of you=know-what!
  2. revlcb

revlcb New Member

Yep, I can relate. Back when I had my first very bad flare my D.O. was 99.9% certain I had MS and was ready to put me on the injectable meds for it. But, would he run all the tests that the neuro suggested? Nope. I just don't understand.

Do they just want to hurry us out of the office? I think so, as we frustrate them because they can't fix us. Out of sight, out of mind. Keep after them I say. If you're not satisfied then keep seeking answers.

3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

just what a dr said to me!!! that we are frustrating and they cant help us. i think it makes them look bad...