do you feel numb, or disconnected from your body and can't move?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

When I'm lying down and very tired, I can't seem to feel my legs as well as I normally do. They just lie there in my line of sight, but they don't feel like they are connected to me in any way. They're only semi-numb lumps of flesh sprawled out below me. It surprises me that I can still move them when I try.

Sometimes when I'm resting, my arms feel the same way. Like they are meat bags stuck at my sides, but don't really have anything to do with me.

If I'm very very tired, I almost feel like I am floating above my body.

Sometimes I really can't move. Sometimes I had to be litterally dragged across the floor off to my room so that I could go to bed, because I was unnable to raise myself to get up.

I also get tingly feelings that shoot down my legs at odd times when I am resting.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there any medical conditions like this that I should be tested for? Is MS like this maybe? Please share your experiences with me!
    ((thanks)) Shannon
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have similar problems but mine is mostly in my legs very rarely does it happen in my arms. But I get shooting pains in my legs it feels electrical but then also it is a feeling like someone is stabbing spikes in my feet. My toes, feet and legs get all those pains. Mine has been diagnosed a diabetic neuropathy. But I know that some people with fms get neuropathy. My sister in-law has neuropathy but no diabetes.

Pamela
  3. labrat59

labrat59 New Member

I get that feeling too. When Im really wiped out it takes every bit of will power to just lift my arm. Like I have lost communication with my own body.
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

5. fm2

fm2 New Member

I get these feelings and I can not talk or move anything. It happens when I'm trying to wake up. It's a really scarey feeling. Have no idea what causes it

Trudi
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

glad to know I'm not the only one.

Sometimes when I move my arm's it is like they are independant of my body, if that makes sense.
    it feels like i have no control, even though they are moving the way i want them to.

I hope this makes sense, I have necer told anyone, I thought they'd think I'd finally lost it!:)

Claudia