do you feel shy about posting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

When the message boards are sliding along, I'm a bit more at ease. I tell myself that if I goof up, at least whatever I said will be way WAY downstream and long forgotten by tomorrow. :) I actually breathe a sigh of relief when my posts are gone away to page 3 and 4 by the next day - especially if I wrote about something personal.

But times when the boards are slower, I think, "Uh oh. This is going to stick around for awhile!" Makes it a little scary.

I'm still pretty shy at heart.

Anybody else feel shy about posting on the message boards? (Don't be shy about this thread, folks. We're all in it together!)

((going into my shell for now)) Shannon
  2. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i sometimes feel shy putting personal stuff on this board fo a bunch of strangers to read. especially when i first started coming to these boards. i just keep reminding myself that i probably have a lot more in common with all the people here then with most of my friends. that helps epecially on some of the more sensitive posts. also i have a lot more trouble starting a post then responing to one. i never think my stuff is important or interesting enough for other people to want to read. i think i just have some wierd hang-ups.
    rachel
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

What can be wierder than our illnesses and all that goes with it?

This is a great place to vent, ask questions, even OT questions. Someone always has some great pointers or advise to share.

We are one in many ways. Lets celebrate that we are not alone! Ask and share both here!

Blessings.........Susan
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I feel it too sometimes. I even went so far as to change my username but it isn't helping.

I think we've just lost a lot of the people that we felt comfortable with a while back and now it's just different.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

In person, I'm a shy and quiet woman and my emerging cyber-persona is much the same. At times it can be very difficult for me to speak up, other times not so bad but always there's a shyness about me. Take care, Anne Theresa
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I tend to hold back in the beginning, looking for my niche.
    If I find that I am comfortable, I have no problem opening up. As in, look out world, here I come.

It is different with both boards again, and I agree, we lost many people awhile back. Truly unfortuante.

Shannon, I love your story threads! I've been too tired since Thanksgiving, to add on! When the 'fog' lifts, I'll be there! Before they took away the Chit Chat board, I enjoyed coming here to see if that thread was here!

Warm hugs to all.

Kim