Do you feel this way?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hasbeen, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

I not only feel tired all the time but I just don't have any desire to do things i need to do. A little desire has to come back to me before I'll do whatever needs to be done. Like washing a load aof clothes or putting the dishes up. I used to work all the time. Am I lazy?
  2. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

your definately not lazy. I would say there are quite a few of us who feel the same way. There are days when I am so tired and the desire to do the everyday things just isn't there for me, and I have to push myself to do something as simple as unload the disherwasher. I do find it very frustrating, because before this DD I a was very, very active person.

hugs
    brit
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2005]
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

You're sick Hon. Don't ever doubt yourself. This illness can be insidious. Don't let it rob you of your self confidence and belief in who you are. You're still the same, just having to work around some health issues at the moment.

Hang in there .... it can get better.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

isnt it the worst though when your wiped out on the sofa and all you can see are bits of fluff and dog hair on the carpet?
    is that just me :)
    put your self b4 the dishes sweety, my carpet can wait.
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm so glad to hear others feel this way too .. I said quite a while back to my husband .. "if I ever loose interest in my garden , there is truly something wrong with me" ... well that did happen, over a month ago it makes me think I should never say "if blank happens" .. This is my favorite time of the year .. I would be doing a tidy up in my garden, ready for the winter .. I would have a Fall display of potted mums , pumpkin etc .. I would be checking out my Halloween decorations .. the whole shabang .. it really depresses me that I just don't feel like doing any of that .. the one positive thing that has happened .. I made myself get on the treadmill and do a walk yesterday .. I have to get in a routine of it to save what is left of my sanity .. or this winter is going to be a nightmare for me.
    I hope you feel better soon .. but I really understand how you feel ..
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

When I am feeling exhausted (FM) or in pain (RSD) I don't have the energy to clean, etc. And I used to feel worse if my chores weren't done when I am feeling bad. Now I do a little at a time and don't worry about it. It's the illness. It doesn't do any good to carry around the lazy banner. LOL.