do you feel you are on a rollercoaster...bad then good.etc etc?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirsty28, Nov 15, 2005.

1. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

hello, as i can move okay but just seem to carry around pain alot of the time i am sure i am not fully blown fibro like some of you have...
    but do any of you get some days outta the blue where you feel more like your old self? less pain. able to forget etc..then from outta nowhere do you get knocked down again and can be back where you started in the most intense pain...whenin the morning you felt well then you go bad...or when you feel soooo bad then it subsides for no reason????
    this happens to me alot...thank god for the good but i get sooo mad and disappointed when i am bad...(mostly)
    anyone else?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Yes, I definitely can relate. I think that is why it took me so long to accept the fact that I have fibro. Some days I feel really good and then I guess I may do to much or something and then I feel lousy again. This gets very tiresome for me (and probably for my hubby, although he is extremely supportive). Like you, I am thankful for the good days. Just wish I could have more of them. Take Care.

Jo
  3. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

then I overdo and boy do I pay for it then. I always seem to forget about the consequences of doing too much and then the next day, someone has to help me out of bed. Looks like I would learn one day but I am always so happy to feel good that I forget to think about what is to come.
    Stinker56
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

sans the fun part.

Jeanne
  6. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

thanks for the replies.
    its wierd as its not overdoing it that seems to bring me bad again..sometimes when i'm good i'll do stuff and think "oh no, shouldnt be doing this etc etc and then to my surprise i feel good still the next day...my pain just seems to come when it wants...i can be fine and not stressed, relaxing or doing great happy stuff thinking how good i am and then an hour later can be crying in pain...its back again!
    anyone relate?
    thks k x
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Seems to be my life, now. Good, good,bad, bad, bad, good, good, good,good, bad......and on and on.

Guess I have to just enjoy the good days and just endure the bad. Not much of a choice.

Sue
  8. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Yes between me with my pain and tiredness and hubby with his BiPolar (defunked brain is what he calls it) poor guy we are on a constant rollercoaster. I have just learned over time to sit back and try to relax thru the ride as much as possible. I am not sure how long this ride plans to go on, but I will continue to hang in there. Try to find ways of coping. Try to enjoy life when it slows down and when it picks up full speed just hang on for dear life. I am still having bouts of remission which can be so great. I have them more when I am taking care of myself physically and mentally, but when I allow stress to creep in things will go south and the pain is intense. Changing my way of eating-living-stress-attitude towards people and life in general can be the difference between being in bed or being out at the mall shopping like I love to do. Hang in there and find ways to deal with everyday life.

Trish :)
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Kirsty - I know what you mean about having good days and bad days.

I've had a headache for the past three weeks. I've been in and out of flare mode during that time. Then last night it all just "lifted". I'm actually having a good day today! Woo Hoo! I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while I can. Trying to not overdo, but trying to get things done that I've been putting off.

What I can't figure out is "What did I do differently?!" I can pinpoint some flares (stress, sugar, lack of sleep). But sometimes I just can't for the life of me figure out what I did right (or wrong!).

It's a roller coaster, alright!

Katy
  10. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

It always seems like the worst part is that my emotions mimic my health. I'm happier and more hopeful of good health when I'm feeling better. I also go the oposite way and feel hopeless and disappointed. I'm trying to tell myself this is all normal.
  11. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

This happens to me often, right now i have so much pain, that i can't even seem to do the simplest of chores. I get so upset. When i do have a rare good day, i do way to much then spend time in bed, and can't stand to even be touched, my emotions are also on that ride, can't seem to keep them in check, people get on my nerves, that includes family, i don't go anywhere, i stay home then i am less likely to become up set with people in general. i have no patience any more. so you are not alone, i know on my next good day, i am going to just enjoy it, and do something for myself, maybe take in a movie,
    Take care of yourself,
    becca
  12. JPbaker

JPbaker New Member

I feel the rollercoaster, man do I feel the coaster. It is because of this my Doctor thinks it's all In my head, and the very reason my family does not understand my health. I feel so healthy sometimes even I forget, and ridicously think tha i may be "cured" of my "problem". My question, and a serious one it is, how can we hold a life together with this coaster constantly throwing us around? At this point if I dont work I will lose many things me and my family have worked towards, and I know as soon as this bottom goes back to top I will get another job..... But maybe too late, and will I be able to keep this job?
    Most employers look badly at a guy that calls in 8 times his first month on a job, but it seems I have no choice.

Anyone with suggestions? Also, glad to meet you I am new here
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sounds like you really are in the midst of FM and it sounds like things are getting desperate financially for you. This happens to so many people on this board with this disease. I am so sorry it is happening to you, too. Many have applied for disability and have gotten it. It's not a lot and it takes a very long time, but it may be something to consider in the future.

I wish I had a solution, but I don't. I live with the ups and downs, but I don't have the financial pressure you seem to have, so I'm sure it's easier for me even though I hate not being able to plan, etc.

I hope that you will stick around and meet more people...there are some very wise people who have dealt with these problems for years and know many of the ropes that may help.

I'm sorry for your illness...

Best wishes,
    Sue
  14. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I was tooling around the message board and found this.
    I noticed that some of you feel healthier from time to time too. I was wondering if that was normal.

For the most part I am stable now. I rest alot just because I know my body will rebel if I don't. That was a REALLY hard lesson for me.

And I don't get as sad as I used to when I have a flare or relapse. It's frustrating, but all normal now. But I do get very happy when I am feeling good and can get out of the house.

This new diet I'm on has renewed my hope that I will get well some day.

I couldn't cope with this illness without the hope of feeling better someday.

Thanks for posting this .... Marcia

15. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

anyway, thats me too exactly like my world!

I'm going threw the sleepy achy BAD phase now, boy do i miss the good phases! I don't take those for granted anymore!

hang in there, as i am trying to do too, this really is a sad thing, especially when i promise someone i'd come over, and then i don't becuase of this.

saph
  16. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I was so glad to see your post, because I absolutely feel like I "cycle" or am on a rollercoaster myself, although I have CFS. It's so bad hubby makes nasty bipolar jokes, and I was almost starting to believe him (despite knowing what bipolar is and knowing that is NOT me). Yes, it is much like having my "old" self, or just actually having energy to accomplish things and remember what I accomplished, of course always feeling like maybe I was turning the corner and getting better, and then...BAM! Another bad day where it's all I can do to just get the basics done, and I feel fortunate I remember to pick my daughter up from preschool.

It used to really, really get to me, but now I am somewhat over it all. It still is the pits, though, and in the back of my mind I do wonder at times if I really am losing it. Thus it being so very, very nice to see this post! At least I'm not the only one, and the "swings" don't seem to be quite as bad as a few months ago. Maybe I am getting better after all, although I don't want to jinx it. We'll see. For now, I try to just take advantage of and enjoy the good days.

Try to not come down too hard on yourself when you aren't feeling good. Be good to and take care of yourself instead...rest if you need to, take a warm bath, rely on your meds without feeling guilty, whatever you need. The negative emotions will only make you feel worse, which is the last thing you should be doing.

I know this is easier said than done, but I'm right there with you, and the negative thought process has been so destructive for me and something I am trying to change. I so hope you have more good days soon, and they outweigh the bad so the bad ones are easier to deal with.

Take care,
    C.
  17. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have not had a good day in almost three years! My new years res is to beat this crap, I got ten months left.