Do you find all this reading so hard to do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, May 25, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi All,

I love coming onto this site reading the posts with so much help and information but boy does it tire me out trying to read them.
    Does anybody else have this problem?

Can i suggest people trying to keep their posts to a minimum of writing as possible.

Shazzy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2003]
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

shaz, i feel the same way. although i am so guilty of rambling on in my posts. will try to remember if it's difficult for me the same for others. take care.
  3. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I am a reading junky though. I can sit here for hours upon hours after the kids go to bed and just read every page on the internet.
    I sometimes get bored if the post are extremely long and don't really interest me, but I normally come back to them later and read the rest. Curiosity kills the cat and I just have to know the ending. lolol :)
    When I get up from my comfortable computer chair, I am not able to move much. I don't really get on here much during the day. Mostly at night. Then, I have to make myself get off. That is the worst thing we can do (sit too long)

I do have one problem with the site and it has been addressed before by someone, somewhere.
    There are just an enormous number of post here. They get lost in the shuffle. I sometimes go back three or four pages to see what's up, but I just don't want to read all of the post.
    I wish they had sections inside of sections here. That would make it easier.
    That way we could go to disability to ask and answer those types of questions.

Another thing, I could very well be guilty of this...
    It seems that no one researches before asking a question.
    There could very well be a question on the board, just like the one we are about to ask, with very good answers. We, instead, ask a new one.

Maybe more of us should research instead of packing the board with "already asked questions" That may have better answers than the one your about to post.

God bless and take care.
  4. dsames

dsames New Member

of sitting here too long. When I get up my legs are rather stiff. It becomes addictive, doesn't it.
    Shirley
  5. Goodday

Goodday New Member

If you want to look up a certain thing like leg pain, headaches etc. I use the search at the top and it brings up numerous posts related to that topic. That way I am not reading every post, just the ones that may answer a question, hopefully. It still brings up many posts but I found this to be very useful. Yes, I agree long posts can get my mind all muddled. I also go back and reread when I am not so tired. It depends on how long I sit here as to how much I can comprehend! I do appreciate everyones knowledge though and also the willingness to share that with all of us. Have a good day everyone!
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Long post complaint again!

Billiegails' style of writing is the easiest to read when the post is long. If you make enough spaces between your writing it is easier to read. We do not give prizes for good English composition around here! Just make it as simple as possible, thats what makes us happy.

As for repeated questions, well since we have so many new members all the time, thats to be expected. I have repeated myself throusands of times in the two years I have been here. I keep answering the same question over and over (it improves my typing :)).

I don't mind as I understand that new members are not aware of the Search messages and all the research that is available on this site. Some are not aware that we have several different boards for different illnesses.

Many new members are first time computer users, I know I was. I just learned how to cut and paste about a year ago. I am still learning and always will be. I never used a computer before in my life untill I came to this board.

My husband bought the computer for me, as I was not doing well with the doctors help, was getting sicker and sicker.

I read a book that had a phone number for Pro Health supplements, when I got the catalog and saw they had a website, my husband said maybe this would help me.

Well thats over two years ago. He was right, I am a whole lot better now, and most of the credit goes to the people on this board and Pro Health's supplements!

They were very kind to me with my ignorance of the board/computer and I am sure I asked questions that I could have done research and found out for myself too, if I had known how to do that!

So I am just giving back a little of the support that I received here. Everyone should do the same.

I have learned a big lesson; PATIENCE. It has improved my health and made me a better person too.

Soooo heres another long post for you!

Just don't read the ones that would bother you, go to the shorter ones.

Shalom, Shirl

7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I also have problems reading long posts and even long paragraphs. I always try to break my posts up into small paragraphs so otheres won't get lost in them.

If there is something especially long it sometimes heolps to print it out and then read it, bit, by bit. You could even save it as a word processing document and break it into smaller parts that way.

When I was first becoming this extremely ill I told people I now knew how my Learning Disabled students felt. I have what is referred to in school jargon as visual processing, auditory processing, reading comprehension, and short term memory problems, to name a few.

Barbara

8. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your replys. Ive learnt one thing from this i didnt know about and that is you can search for answers to your questions from posts done awhile ago.

Cheers

Shazzy
  9. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I am so weak that I can only sit here for a short time, wish I could put my PC next to my bed as well as the toilet, fridge, and many more things. I have to pass on posts that are too long as my time is so limited here. Guess we're all different, but, so grateful that this site is here. Best of luck, Tulip