Do you find that cold helps??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by XKathiX, Oct 24, 2005.

1. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I love having heat on my backside, but I wonder if it makes the pain worse. I hate cold stuff, but I wonder if I should be using cold instead of heat.

Does this work for folks?

-Kathi
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

When I used to work, my neck and shoulders would hurt sooooooo bad, that when I got home, I put put ice packs (or bags of frozen peas!) at the base of my neck and between my shoulder blades to "numb" the pain.

It would really help. (Anytime that I would put heat at the base of my neck, it would make my head just pound.)

I am retired now, so my neck and shoulders don't hurt as severely now. They still hurt, but not like when I use to work at a computer for 12 hours/day!

Of course, doing housework like vacuuming, or sweeping with a broom, will cause horrific pain.

Now I concentrate on my low back, where I have a pinched nerve, and sit all evening with a heating pad on it.

I would say to put on whichever makes you feel better!!

Janet
  3. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Hi Kathi:

Yes, I use the ice on my neck. I get such horrible pain and it's the only thing that gives me relief, albiet temporary. I find that heat seems to cause more inflammation, at least in my case.

Hugs,
    Liz