Do you get hot flashes??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kiva28, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Kiva28

Kiva28 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone else experiences hot flashes from their FM?? I've asked my doctors, but they tell me they know of no cause for this (ie: it's all in your head!). It's definitely NOT in my head. It hits suddenly, and I feel as if I'm being consumed by heat. I get sweaty and feel flushed (although I don't LOOK flushed...I continue to look normal. Well...as normal as I ever do...lol). Does this ever happen to anyone else? Also, I get strange muscle twitches (not related to the hot flashes) that can last for weeks in the same location. Very annoying. Just wondering.

Kiva
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Kiva, glad to have you join our board. Yes, flashes/flushes go right along with FM!

I did not look 'flushed' either, in fact my face would be as white as a ghost instead of red. But I do get very hot, like my body thermostat went haywire or something. They also hit in the middle of the night and will wake me up I am so hot.

I keep my a/c going winter and summer, at night I keep it at 68 degrees because of this.

It has gotten better since I started taking ZMA and drinking half my body weight in ounces of water everyday.

IF you read Devin Starlanyl's book; 'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (A Survival Manual)' she mentions the hot flushes in cojunction with FM.

I thought I was going nuts, I went through menopause, then continued to have the flushes for sixteen years. No one goes through the change for that long!!!

AS for the muscle twitches (which are probably spasms), the magnesium helped with that.

Most of us are deficient in magnesium, and that is what causes us to not sleep, not heal the muscles and its a natural tranquilizer.

Try the link 'Store' and read about the magnesium and the ZMA for sleep too. Its been a lifesaver for me.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

No you are not imagining the heat, it is there the doctors are nuts!! :)

Shalom, Shirl