Do you get muscle tremors??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suzan, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

This is new one for me..for about a week now..I have a muscle below my right shoulder blade that every so often trembles. I also have had an eye muscle under my right eye act up similarly! ODD! I have had this happen before..but it has always been a once or twice event...then it stops. This just seems weird to me..I don't know if it is fibro related..or just my totally odd body!??
  2. segrin

segrin New Member

I think they are related to FM others, I have talked to also have them. Aren't the eye tremors a real bother, I think those are mostly from eye strain though. But I can have them on and off for days, hot showers and trying to relax and massage helps some. You are never alone suzan.
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Muscle tremors ... sometimes it feels like it is shaking from the inside out ... like I'm cold or something.

At other times it feels like muscle spasms without the intense pain.

Besides my feet, which have these every single day, I have't had a specific area do this in a while. I took it to mean ( whenever the tremors hit ) that my muscles were simply at the end of their rope.

Amino acids and undenatured whey protein shakes have helped alot. Part of my "feed the poor, pitiful muscles" step of treatment plan.

Good luck,...I hope you feel better...

Elsa
  4. Jeanie101156

Jeanie101156 New Member

I have had the muscle twitch around my right eye everyday now for months. I also have other muscles that jerk and twitch also. My head also jerks to the left, my hubby has noticed it. My doc says it is fibro and that the fibro is progressing.
    Jeanie
  5. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I twitch and have tremors every now and then.

I also have Lyme.
  6. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

I have a dx of FIbro. I have been tested, I think, 3 times or more over the years for Lyme. The first time it came up with one of many (don't know how many) indicators as positive but all others as negative. She said that sometimes happens and they don't know what that means but it is not Lyme.

The Fibro seems to have been kicked up by an accident and an allergic reaction, but I still can't help but wonder about Lyme. I've been bitten several times and don't know how long they were on me.

The responses to this post by Suzan make me think about Lyme again because I definitely get tremors and spasms.

Nancy
  7. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

I get tremmors in my eye lids and arm muscles. The weirdest of them all are the deep tissue tremmors. I had what I thought were growing pains but my doc said I was having muscle spasms in my interior muscles. Like the muscles around my liver, the connective tissue around my rib cage, etc.
    How weird is that!
    A
  8. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I get twitches in my right eye, sometimes my fingers and have had them in my legs as well. My docs just sort of ignore my question when I ask about it. One told me it was just stray nerve impulses and not to worry. Uh Gee... thanks alot Doc.
  9. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I get those. Sometimes my hand shakes and it freaks out the people I work with.

Sometimes, my lip gets tremors and I feel like I'm doing an Elvis impression
  10. sheried

sheried New Member

Some of mine is FMS and some is Parkinsons. Gets way worse when I am tired or stressed.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  11. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I have been tested for Lyme, living in WI it is almost getting to be an automatic test here! That is a-ok , btw. I "just" have fibro..plain, old, garden variety, pain and fatigue. UGH
    But, the tremoring that wouldn't leave...well that was just getting down right annoying...and I was hoping to hear that there were others that had bumped into this as well.
    So far this morning..both seem to be gone....
    But we never know for sure do we?????LOL
  12. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I get those too. Everywhere. Its worse when I am tired or in more pain. I have twitches and jerks, they actually came before I had such pain and was diagnosed with fibro.

There is medication to help. I haven't started taking the medication yet. I just hated to add another med, sometimes its not bad at all. And sometimes drives me crazy!
  13. louiefinch

louiefinch New Member

I get many muscle twitches every day, and anywhere from my toes to the scalp on the top of my head. Months ago I had some more severe spasms where my entire limbs would jerk involuntarily. Back in January I was spasming so bad that I went to the ER and was hospitalized for 3 days, this was before I was diagnosed with fms. My whole body was spasming in one huge impulse like somebody being shocked, like when you see someone on tv being hit with the paddles that has flat-lined and their whole body jerks off the table. That is what was happening to me, but I was awake during the whole thing just really freaked out. Luckily my jerkiness has calmed down alot since then and I can live with the many smaller twitches every day.