Do you get Post External Fatigue with Lyme Only?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Sep 22, 2008.

LISALOO New Member

Do you get Post External Fatigue with Lyme Only?

I'm trying to figure out if I may have just lyme and nothing else. It seems odd that Lyme would have post external fatigue, I would thingk your levels fatigue would be more even than someone with CFS.

Am I correct, inforrect? Thanks for answers. I'm doing really bad so it might be awhile before I get back

I posted this on Lyme, but I know a lot of Lymies only go to this board.
  2. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Good questions...I would love to know the answer to this as well.

Did you give up on the Valcyte due to the IC? Sorry the Elmiron caused bad side effects.

LISALOO New Member

Yes, I gave up the Valcyte due to my IC. It's atrocious again after being in remission, so I'm back on all the IC meds.

I just want to know if people with Lyme have post exertion fatigue, things hit me right afterwards and continue to get worse for several days after something. And it could be as simple as a trip to Target. Sounds to me to be too serious to be just from Lyme.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I certainly have observed it in my son, who definitely has lyme and likely other co-infections (hard to tell, lab tests are so unreliable; but his lyme test was CDC+)...

it is not strange at all, chronic lyme people do have days where they can feel better, even periods of time extending to months. It replicates very slowly (20+ days) and can go into hiding. Lyme is a much more complex cousin to syphilis, which was called the great masquerader... well Lyme is the new king.

And/but ticks are dirty critters who carry much more than lyme, and it's totally possible you could have one or more infections from a tick bite and not have lyme, too. Which doesn't make it any less serious as these are all for the most part 'stealth pathogens', meaning they can invade tissue cells, even our white blood cells.

Mycoplasma is certainly one that has been talked about a lot in connection with CF/FM... and can be transmitted by ticks, as well as many others. If you look for my post on the Lyme board here about other tick infections, you'll see the list is long... especially when you take into consideration that each infection has its own varieties.

If you go to a LLMD, it doesn't mean that doctor only considers lyme, s/he will look at all the infection possibilities.

all the best,

LISALOO New Member

Thanks for the response. Ive' never had months where I've felt better. Maybe a day. I don't go into the remissions that those with Lyme seeem to to through.

And if I do somethng on those once in a while good days, I'm down for days, seems more CFS than Lyme I thought.

Hope your son gets great treatment and gets better.