Do you get "sick" (& sicker than most) more often?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Sep 28, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

I have FM, CF,C.Sinusitis, asthma, deg. disk dis.,CT.
    Typical story, head on accident 16 yrs ago. Severe astham attack 6 yrs ago, almost died. Been down hill ever since.

I am ALWAYS sick. For the past 10 years or so every virus, cold. bug, germ finds me and hits me hard. If a friend had a cold for 3 days, I have it for 7. Then it turns into bronchitis. If hubby has a little virus I wind up deathly ill. Its like every 3 months I am sick. And naturally I seem to flare at the same time. What is worse Is I take a potent vitamin protocol, and echinacea, green tea, etc...

Right now I have a terrible cold...day #3, each day its been getting worse. My chest is rattling and aches, My face feels like its been hit by a baseball bat. No meds help, decongestants, nutting.

I am positive I am not alone. any body found an answer?
    I am certin this DD is an immune system something or other.
    If I don't find an answer I am sure it will kill me eventually. Every time I get sick I am sicker than the time before.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

I have FM, CF,C.Sinusitis, asthma, deg. disk dis.,CT.
    Typical story, head on accident 16 yrs ago. Severe astham attack 6 yrs ago, almost died. Been down hill ever since.

I am ALWAYS sick. For the past 10 years or so every virus, cold. bug, germ finds me and hits me hard. If a friend had a cold for 3 days, I have it for 7. Then it turns into bronchitis. If hubby has a little virus I wind up deathly ill. Its like every 3 months I am sick. And naturally I seem to flare at the same time. What is worse Is I take a potent vitamin protocol, and echinacea, green tea, etc...

Right now I have a terrible cold...day #3, each day its been getting worse. My chest is rattling and aches, My face feels like its been hit by a baseball bat. No meds help, decongestants, nutting.

I am positive I am not alone. any body found an answer?
    I am certin this DD is an immune system something or other.
    If I don't find an answer I am sure it will kill me eventually. Every time I get sick I am sicker than the time before.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  3. SweetOceanBlue77

SweetOceanBlue77 New Member

HUGE SOFT HUGS Achy:
    I can relate so well. It seems like it's one thing after another, and constant doctor appointments with very little answers. I'm so thankful to have joined this group because the support is wonderful. I hope that soon you'll get some releif & answers too. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,
    Michelle K.
    SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

Just simply wanted to say that whatever ailment....cold,flu,stomach bug,headcold,etc......Whichever is brought into my home,I get!!I have 3 boys and if they catch something...I'm sure to get it!!It really stinks!! I must have a really low resistance.Therefore if I know that a person has a bug or something,I won't even go visit them for fear of getting it too.I also seem to get hit worse too!!it tough b/c when the kids get sick....I hope to be hit last so I can take care of them while they're ill.
    Hope this answered your question.
    Have a good day!!!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

if its not diarrhea its constipation or a cold or a sinus infection or throat polyps or ingrown hairs or yes.... I'm sick all the time and sick of being sick tonight too,..... sorry it came out this way! Right now its the throat surgery post op with the bad bad mouth ulcers... you know that ones no other "regular" human beings get LOL>>>> anyway the answer is yes!
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Our immune systems are so messed up. In the past 5 months

- I had a sinus infection that would not go away (3 rounds of different antibiotics),

- a cut on my ankle from tripping in the garden became infected (more antibiotics - much as I hate them! were needed, plus an antibiotic cream and a tetanus shot),

- I got an infection under both arms from shaving (more antibiotics!)

- I was diagnosed with thyroid disease and had to start medication for that

- I got a bee sting and had an allergic reaction - had to be hospitalized overnight and take potent antihistamines

- I had a rampant yeast infection and had to go on Diflucan long-term to keep it at bay

- I had to go to the ER the day before my husband and I were scheduled to go on a much-needed holiday. It turned out to be an abscessed tooth that has to be root canaled. I am now in the middle of that process.

This has been my life for the last 10 yrs. Just one thing after another.

Pepper
  7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Achy,
    I am so overwhelmed as I read the different symptoms posted I am sitting here with my mouth open in awe. It is like looking in the mirror. I just can't believe it is happening to someone else. I felt so alone, like I must be a freak or the only person on earth that this is happening to. I was involved in a head on car crash in '96. I too think I started the downward turn at that point. But gradually. I get sick usually twice as hard as the person who gave me the cold or flu. I constantly have to take antibiotics. About every 3 months or so I get a severe throat infection and/or sinusitus. Go to the Dr get the z-pack or keflex. I am a dog groomer and have this spot on my hand that dog hair gets "stuck" in, just like a splinter and it gets infected every so often. So no, you are not alone, I am with you! I totally understand how you are feeling.