Do you get the tinglies???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Nov 8, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I'm all tingly. My arms, legs, but mostly face and lips. Anyone else have this? This is a new one for me. It's really annoying and feels like I need to rub it to make it stop. Which helps for about 2 seconds.

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Yes, I have had that before. I found hot bath does stop it for a little while. I had it so bad before I thought something was wrong and went to ER. Doctor was worried I might have stroke but nope, it was appearently nothing.

I hate that we have to go to hospital to deal with such weird things but when you call doctor, they tell you to go. I get the feeling they just think you are a Hypocondriact most of time.

Lena
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've got a patch on my right shoulder/back that gets all weird at different times. Then there's a patch of skin on my right temple that all of a sudden will start feeling very warm.

The former has happened since I was a kid, and the latter has been off and on since college.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I would ask for a test for B-12 levels. I would be sure to take a good B-Complex and extra B-12 in sublingual form until you can get a doc to test and treat you.
  5. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I get them in my right leg. It was worrying me so much, because I thought it might be thrombosis or something, that I went to the physio who gave me exercises to do which helps a lot. Mine, she said, are caused by tensed muscles that need to be stretched and relaxed so that the blood vessels and capillaries are able to circulate the blood without any obstruction. May, or may not, be similar to yours. However, I cannot imagine blocked capillaries in the lips - might be something to do with the neck? Have you checked it out with a physio?
  6. dygunn

dygunn New Member

Yes, I get them in my left arm and I thought I was having a stroke, I pretty much ignore them because I felt it was just something new to add to the fibro symptoms.
  7. june-bug

june-bug New Member

is the "tinglies" on my face and scalp. It seems to be related to the pain in my neck and shoulders. Along with tingling I get warm/cold spots on my face and shooting pains in my face and head. The muscles seem to contract and feel stuck like they wont release. This is constant and it scares me.
    June-bug