Do you give Christmas gifts to your therapists, etc? What

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Nov 14, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I see my ND, massage therapist and physiotherapist every week. I would like to buy them something during the holidays but am not sure what.

My massage therapist is easy. She's a young woman and I know what she likes.

My ND is a middle aged man and I have no idea what to get him. I was thinking of purchasing an eye operation for a person in the Third World in his name because he is a giving kind of person but I am not sure. Any other ideas?

My physiotherapist works in a busy office and I would like to acknowledge the five or six people there who have really helped me in the past few months.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Pepper
  2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

My mum usually bakes a ton of snacks and cookies around the holidays, so we give people food samplers. I know that my fibro doctor's office will have a fit about that coz they almost died when someone brought them halloween candy. They were quite excited.

So, basically with a sampler of my mum's baked goods, everyone gets what they want. Now, I dunno if you do a lot of baking or whether the people you wish to give gifts to have an aversion to sweets, so that may cause a problem, but that's what we do :D

Good luck with your ideas. I like the idea of the eye operation, that sounds sweet.
  3. bmadan

bmadan New Member

Pepper,

I myself am a baker and at work for instance, I would bake a large tray of cookies, brownies, what not and give it to the entire department to enjoy. They LOVED it...and nag me when I haven't baked in a while. .

What if you did something similar for the physiotherapist that works in a busy office. Its a token that you took time to acknowledge him and his service to you. You could also do something similar for the other doctor (older gentleman), but put the goodies, in a personalized christmas tin. Since the massage thereapist is easy to shop for, you can get her a little gift?

I guess if they can't eat sugar then, it would be a problem...well, hope this helps some.

Barbara :)

4. pepper

pepper New Member

I think that baked goods is a great idea for the physiotherapist's office. I am sure that they would all love that. If I don't get the energy to bake (and I have a feeling that shopping and decorating will take up whatever little energy I have), then I could probably order from a good bakery.

The ND doesn't eat sugar and doesn't want any of his patients eating it either, including me. :-( He is also allergic to all fruits and hasn't had any fruit in years. So he is a tough one.

Thanks for the ideas!
    Pepper
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Give the ND a gift certificate to some natural or organic food store. That way, he can pick out food items that he can eat. Buy a nice card and insert the gift certificate.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I think I am leaning towards the operation. This man has a lot of money and can buy whatever he wants. So maybe I should go with something for others. I just found out that he is going to Africa next month to visit his missionary son so the operation is probably along the lines of what he would appreciate. I think.

???

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
    Pepper
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

for any more ideas.

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Ask the ND to give your gift of money to his son. That way, the son would know what actual supplies are needed where he is doing missionary work.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2006]
  9. caffey

caffey New Member

What a wonderful idea purchasing an eye surgery. He would be so honored that you would do that.

For the support staff in the office:
    1. bottles of hand lotion
    2. sample sizes of hand lotion and bath salts,
    3. candles
    4. specialty coffee for their coffee maker or make a small basket of specialty teas ( you know those Twinnings that come 6-7 per package)
    5. Tim Horton's coupons
    6. A gift certificate for a pizza place so they can have lunch brought in
    That is all I can think of now. But will let you know if I think of more.
    Cath
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you, joyfully, if I don't go for the eye surgery, that is what I will do for his son. Either would be appreciated by my ND, I am sure.

Cath, you gave me some wonderful ideas! These are perfect.

Thank you both so much.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper