Do you go to the Drs in pain and leave with worse pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by MsBrandywine, May 1, 2013.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

After all of their prodding and poking and using that thing for their reflexes.? which she said I have really good reflexes.. but. I left and after moving my arms up and down and feeling for the lymph nodes.. By the time I got to my car.. I felt like 10 times worse.. and then trying to go the rest of the day.. It just made me break down and cry.. and then the weird sensations.. ugh..
    I was having issues with arm pain and discomfort.. the triceps and biceps but the outside of the top.. and even down in my under arm and my left hand was even getting really warm.. Every since.. my neck hurts worse too..
    Sorry to vent and complain.. sometimes its just so hard to deal with.. and being alone.. I hate to say much to my friends.. Im sure they get tired of hearing it.. so I try not to say anything.
    but.. I just feel like I am in a big flare up and all over..

Do any of You have this issue when going to the Drs? That when in a flare.. and its in a certain area.. it clears up some and it moves to another section? lol.. its Like Ok.. Im finished with You in that area.. I want to try another.. and it just goes thru all the tender areas .. Thank God most of the time it isn't in every single one..all at the same time!. it rather goes from the neck and shoulders......... then moves.. in different areas..
    then when its in my neck.. I wonder if thats why I have issues with my eyes.. or if it just all coincidence...
    I hope they find something to help us with this soon.. I am unable to take any meds.. they just don't agree with me.. I do try the Ibuprofen.. but after a few days.. that attacks the tummy big time..
    I use the Rice paks heated.. I've tried the cool.. but that doesnt work for me..
    But anyways.. Thanks.. Sorry for the venting but I am curious if others do this too or if it is just me.........
    Thanks and Gentle Hugs,
    Deb
  2. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'm sorry your'e having to go through all of this. I can identify with absolutely everything you said. I could have written this myself.

I have been to the dentist once a week for the last 6 weeks and I'm in so much pain I can't believe it.
    It's not tooth pain, it's the fibro. I never hurt like this in the 35 years I've had CFS/FM.

It's a little better today but I've been having spasms literally all over my body. Head to toe and everything in between. Painful to the touch all over.

I wanted to put a heating pad or hot water bottle on the other night when lying in bed but I needed it in so many places I just had to give up.

Pain meds don't touch this stuff. It must be nerve pain. It's so much worse than my OA pain. Since there's no inflammation involved there's not a lot that meds can do.

FM is not just painful, it's agonizing.
    GB66
  3. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Gosh Im sorry for your pain too!.. I know I have to get to the dentist myself.. have a few fillings but have been putting it off.. then you have to make appts and how do we know when we go how we are going to feel right? they make them so far ahead.. maybe the anticipation gets it aggravated..
    But yes.. I feel like there are spasms too.. I take two rice paks to bed with me.. one for my upper body and one I put under the blankets below the pillow I use for my knees.. and so..
    I 've gotten too so I don't watch tv in my bedroom.. with the tv up on the dresser and the way I have to look at it.. Bothers my neck.. plus.. when I was having my migranes a few weeks ago that lasted almost 3 wks.. I thought i was getting the auras from the tv too.. so now.. at night too I turn my radion on softly and listen to a christian channel that plays nice music..
    I so hope You feel better hon and You get some relief...
    gentle hugs.
    Deb
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

and since on Anatabloc going on 4 months soon, I can take less ibuprofen....I take DGL with my other stomach protectors, I call them....digestive enzymes, probiotics and DGL which is called the "stomach lining tamer"...I can't imagine being without DGL....still take 1/2 vicodin as needed, usually is 2-3 l/2's per day....No tylenol anymore...Pain RX which is a supplement pain med is what I also use....

We've talked about it before and there are other posts on DGL...others rave about it too.

I don't go to many docs if I can avoid it, last yr I did a lot of acupuncture and was at the rheumy's office at least 16 times as she does acupuncture...so....now I'm working mostly with anatabloc and finding it helps ME a lot....