Do you have a favourite shake or smoothie recipe to share?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Oct 2, 2005.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I know that there was a thread on here awhile ago that contained a number of yummy smoothy and shake recipes. Stupid me - I didn't copy it or print it out.

Maybe some people didn't even see that post and have some recipes to share. Even if you posted your recipe before, I am sure that I am not the only one that would appreciate your smoothy/shake recipe.

Thanks a lot.
    Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2005]
  2. Didders

Didders New Member

Hi Pepper!

Here it is:

Protein Powder
    Banana (kills all protein powder taste)
    Apple
    Frz Berries
    OJ or apple juice
    Just a few frz cranberries (can be bitter)

Very tasty!

Hugs, Cinda
  3. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

1/2 banana
    1/2 c. apple juice
    1/2 c. milk
    8 to 9 frozen strawberries
    1/2 of a container of Thick and Creamy Yopliat Strawberry Yogurt.
  4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

1/2 banana
    1/2 c. pineapple juice
    1/2 c. milk
    8 to 9 frozen chunks of pineapple
    1/2 container of pina colada yoplait yogurt.
  5. starla06

starla06 New Member

Ran out of OJ & Apple juice so i used
    1 cup Cherry Juice
    1 banana
    1 cup vanilla yogart
    2 tbls powered milk

Was actually pretty good.
    Lea Ann
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Cinda, blondie45, Lea Ann and urge2soar. These sound great! Does anyone else have any recipes to add to our collection.

Pepper
  7. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Frosty Delicious Mocha Beaver-bag

It's not healthy at all! My hubby made it up (because my Mocha Blast habit was killing us financially) so there's no recipe, just guessing.

Fill the blender half full with ice, add enough milk to cover the top of the ice, do a couple of big squirts of Nestle's Chocolate Mocha syrup (found in the coffee section of the store)and blend that yummy to death! After it's fairly smooth, add a scoop of vanilla or mocha ice cream and blend again. Top it with cinnamon or whipped cream, and you have to drink it with a bendy straw. It does not taste as fabulous without a bendy straw! DO IT! :)

I feel strongly about the healing power of bendy straws.

If you're looking for a less fatty version, it's just as tasty with skim milk and low fat ice cream.
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I don't measure I just throw it in. Frozen strawberries, Ice, pineapple, can of pineapple juice, Stevia. Blend it up and drink A bendy straw works great and a little umbrella if you have one!

Frozen lemonade or limeade. One can from frezzer section of Lemon or Lime ade. Ice, small amount of water. Few frozen srawberries. Blend it up very refreshing.

(OK so you could add vodka too) HA!! Lynn
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

The healing power of bendy straws. I haven't heard that one before but I must try it.

Pepper