Do You Have a Heated Comforter or Wrap?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

The dreaded winter has begun! I'm finding my two heating pads are not enough!

If you have a heated wrap, etc., would you please let me know if you like it, and where you bought yours?

My arms, neck (due to severe cervical issues, arthritis and this DD) ache and throb, when it is cold and damp. If these help at all, I would like to get one ASAP.

All replies are welcomed!

2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

A couple weeks ago I bought an electric throw. I use it at night but during the day I drape it over my rocker chair and turn it on. The heat then hits my shoulder blades and lower back when I sit back in the chair. It helps me a lot, I love that it hits all that I need.

If I need then I can put my heating pad on my knees.

I bought mine at an Alco store. I didn't want a regular electric blanket because I knew it would be too long. I didn't want a electric mattress cover because I can only sleep on our couch. I knew the throw I could use on the chair too because it is not as long and wouldn't drap on the floor.

I hope this helps. I know others will have some good suggestions they probably do also.

Good luck and take care,
    Blessed Be & Kitten Hugs,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I do have an electric warming pad for our bed. Love it! Unfortunately, due to these DD's, back and neck problems, I have slept in a recliner for months now! My husband didn't think he would like it, but he was wrong. It is one of his favorite purchases.

Laurie, the heated blanket/shaw idea sounds good. I would love to have something that heated my neck area, shoulders and arms. Oh... I can feel it now....

DH is flying home this afternoon, I might ask him to stop by Walmart or Kohls to see if they carry a similar product!

Bless you both for your suggestions!

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My DH came to my rescue and found an electric throw at the near by, Khols store. It was marked down, big time!

I am going to get comfortable and give it a try!

5. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Sounds like a plan. I hope it works for you as well as it does for me. When I drape mine so 1/2 of it is behind me in the chair and I lean back and my backside is so warm and comfy it is like heaven. Throw on my crocheted comforter and I am set for the night!

Really, half the time I fall asleep right there! Probably not real good on the neck and the jerks are kind of annoying but...well I think you probably get the picture.

I wish you a comfy, warm and relaxed muscle kind of night.

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  6. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

freezing and my legs hurt so bad. The warmth is the only thing that helps.I wrap it under then over me at nigh so my pain is a little less all night. It is approved for that so Im thrilled. Its better than a heating pad at night because I would dare leave that on all night.Well not on
    I have active mono,lyme, again right now so that in combo with everything else well I can just use all the comfort I can get.
    Everyone should put it on your christmas list. Mine is Sunbeam brand and it is called a heated throw.

I know it wasnt very expensive. Im frugile and look for a bargain.
    I hope for a warm blanket hug for everyone.
    Blessing~ Sally
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Last night was wonderful! I love this throw, how did I survive without it?? LOL

It's warm but not too warm. I still used a heating pad under my calfs, they have been painful for the last week. I woke up this morning, or maybe a little bit later, and was so comfortable.

Laurie, I bet our DH's love that we've chosen chairs, sofas,and recliner to sleep in! LOL Hey, for me, whatever it takes!

Sally, I love bargains too! My Dh bought me one yesterday and it was half off! I rarely buy anything, if it isn't on sale. I believe you live in Chapel Hill, NC. Isn't it gorgeous!? I envy you! LOL

My Dh graduated from UNC. We've lived in Raleigh and Durham for short times. It is where we want to live, part time! Indiana is home state, but need more sun!!!!!

Fight! My kitties and my springer spaniel love it too! LOL Gracie (dog), is just a tad to big to be a darn lap dog! LOL Come to think of it our cat, Charlie weighs 24 pounds and shouldn't be a lap kitty! He's my love boy!

Here's to being warm and comfy!

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2006]