Do you have AAADD as well

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monkeykat, Jun 26, 2007.

1. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hey, this sounds familiar...a lot like our brain with ME-CFS and FMS:

Oops! I better let you know this is a JOKE first:)

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the
    can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as
    well pay the bills first .

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra a checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can
    of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally
    knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need

I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking of r the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter

the flowers don't have enough water,

there is still only 1 check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my

Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who the h*** I've
    sent it to.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

[This Message was Edited on 06/26/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2007]
  2. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

another diagnosis that sounds the same as everything else
    I often get told ' I just think you have menopause, just rest you will be ok' now we have another diagnosis to contend with

I so relate lovey, I too walk in circles all day, I go to the shops and come back with everything else except what i went for.

Yeah i know notes but then i forget to write it down if i dont fo it straight away

You are not alone

angel hugs'
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

hi s-elaine and harmony21,

I'm so sorry! the above diagnosis of A.A.A.D.D was a JOKE. I should have mentioned it was a joke but forgot so I edited my post.

It's just that the joke sounded so much like my life with ME-CFS and FMS...constantly confused, brain fog and memory problems, etc.

I only have a couple functional hours throughout the day and I spend them pretty inefficiently b/c of acting like someone in the joke above.

I guess my days are truly a bit of a joke. I'm glad you laughed. It feels better than crying. Sometimes it's just better to laugh about it all rather than cry.

I can relate to getting everything at a store (the rare occasions I'm able to go) except what i need.

Have a wonderful day,

4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

hi s-elaine,
    yes, I'm glad it's not a real disease too. Although, I think it is a definitely problem we all have when we don't have much energy and so many things need to be done and we keep seeing new things and trying to re-figure what the priority is. Ugh! Way too frustrating on a daily basis.

Enjoy your day as well!

5. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Thanks for the joke.

Today was a bad day for me, both physically and emotionally. I'll chat with you tomorrow.
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi SweetT -
    Sorry your day was so bad. Mine have been really bad physically. We'll chat today:)

Take care, MOnkeykaty

7. SweetT

SweetT New Member

After I picked my daughter up from class, we went out for lunch, and since then, my hands and arms and everything else has been killing me. It's a level 10+ pain day. I'd like to cry but I'm in too much pain to cry.
  8. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

but its so real for a lot of us I think we should have that as an diagnosis

thanks for giving us a giggle

angel hugs to you
  9. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi SweetT,
    I'm sorry you flared so badly after we chatted in the am. I also wound up having a horrible day and today is even worse. I'm so ill and feel so awful and it's just hard to think or do anything so I'm ending up mostly bed/couch bound all week long but much sicker today.

I'm not in 10+ pain though...I remember those days. Not sure what is worse...I think it's all bad. I'm sorry you are suffering so much. I hope you get some relief. I hope we both get some relief.

hi harmony21,
    yes, we should have A.A.A.D.D. as a diagnosis as well. I might tell my doctor I have it and write it on my medical forms. LOL. Doctors never know what the hell any of these diagnoses are anyway! LOL.

Gentle Hugs, Monkeykat