Do you have additional pain around menstrual time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DJGirl, Sep 21, 2006.

1. DJGirl

DJGirl New Member

I've been experiencing this for a few years already and I was wondering if anyone is also.

Every month I have alot more pain during the week before my menstrual cycle. It is unbearable and worse the the cycle itself.

Anyone experiencing that?
    If so, what do you do for it?

Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!
  2. swiss

swiss New Member

I have pain all over before my period. I ALSO FEEL EXTREMELY TIRED. It is a terrible time!!

With premenstral empathy,
    Michele
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Not sure what to tell you to do about it but I know what you are saying. Most of the time it is in my lower back. Sometimes a heating pad helps but when it comes as horrible cramps not much of anything I have tried helps. If anyone has any ideas let us all know!! Mick!
  4. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

last night at my fibro meeting. Everybody said they have been experiencing heavier periods and more cramping, etc. Sometimes to the point of barely being able to function.

I also have been getting more and more heavier and uncomfortable periods. I'm 39 so I don't know if it is leading up to menopause, not sure how tha teven works, if they get heavier or lighter, or if it is a symptom of fibro.

All I know is, i am really tired of this disease making EVERYTHING in your body go wacko, it's amazing how this all worksl

Lis
  5. donna275

donna275 New Member

is really weird and my aches are pretty bad. Not that I can't function, but the aches are worse than usual. I was wondering if I am in perimenopause and feeling symptoms of that. I am 44.

Donna
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Yes definitely, in fact I am at that stage of the month right now. PMS is horrible.

I am extremely tired right before my period, my hips and legs ache, even my sinuses seem more congested.

I often feel like I have to struggle to think or even walk in a straight line! I almost feel drunk with pain. Does that make sense?

I feel sorry for my family because I am so irritable and sensitive to any tone, look or comment. Lots of migraines too.

Oh I have also noticed around the middle of the cycle when I should be ovualating I get more migraines. I think my hormones hate me.

Bring on the chocolate!!!!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Some months are worse than others. I am 47 now so I shouldn't have too many more years to go. I also have endometriosis which doesn't help.

Ellen
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

My cycles are now only 21 days apart (premenopausal) so I feel Like I only have about 1 week out of the month that I'm not hormonal and feeling worse:(

I take a PMS supplement w oils and herbs and have used Progesterone cream or suppositories, I think that has helped some.
  9. cycling

cycling New Member

Yes Yes Yes I'm like hermitlady If i'm lucky one week with miner symtoms. For the first twenty years ages 13 to 33 I was sure this was due to my periods since i never heard of fms or pms for that matter

then it started getting worse still thought it must be hormones Then in my 40's as bad as it could get and three opinions said it was probable ms

and in my early 50's they now say it's fms still having monthly periods getting worse yet and i'm beginning to belief that they'll (the periods) never end

today i can hardly walk to sit down hurts to the point i brace myself to do it walking i'm in pain and numbness in arms and legs and i have several committments to several people at work this is suppose to be my good week

so the way i look at it is that it can always be worse

but, so help me, i don't know how much worse and still work i went home crying two days this week (haven't cried about this in years) because this pain is wearing me down

cycling
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have always had very thick and very long periods 7 days and heavy. They were very painful and I had to go to bed for that week every month. when I was around 23 I had a Hysterectomy but I still have my ovaries. 7 years ago I was DX with FM/CFS and told I was going threw menopause .

You are right that I hurt all over just like with these DD's. I wonder if there is a connection with the hormones?I wish I could say it gets better but I have not ,if anything I have more pain.I just do not have the bleeding. I do not have mood swings as bad but I take anti depression drugs now I'm sure that helps.

My legs hurt ,my back hurts and I feel like I get ovarian cyst still. I wish something would help the doctors told me if I got the hysterectomy my pain would go away ,it never has.