Do you have Christmas song requests for me to play????

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I looked at the calendar and have written that December 20 I will sit and play any and all requests.

There are so many lovely Christmas songs.

I will start by saying "Silent Night" as that is probably the all time favorite.

I stopped giving piano lessons this year. But last year I had two girls from Belaruse, which was part of Russia taking lessons. I prepared them to sing Silent Night for their church. One verse in Russian, the second verse in Latin, and the third verse in English. It was what I refer to as a "goose bump" moment with pure and lovely voices singing in perfect harmony.

And, for those of you who are a bit crazy like I am, want to let you know I even have words and music for "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer". Which is more funny since I became a grandmother.

So please ask away, and know that Dec. 20 I will file my nails and have a private sing along and you are all invited.

Seasons greetings to all...
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

you are so faithful to play for us.would you please play Joy to the world.
    If theres 1 wish I could have this christmas it would be for everyone to have the true Joy of the Lord in their hearts.
    so many of us suffer from depression,it would truly be wonderful to have the Joy in our hearts.
    Thank you dear one Dec 20th is also my birthday.

Blessings sixtyslady
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

This is truly a beautiful thing that you are doing for us. Do you have the music for "What Child Is This"? I can't think of a Christmas hymn that I don't like. I sang in the choir until I graduated from high school and these hymns bring back all those memories.

Wish I could hear you play!
    Love, Pepper

I edited this, Asa, and changed my request![This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  4. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Would you please play "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Oh Asatrump , I sure would love to hear you play. I bet you do a beautiful job

I have to say Silent Night has to be my favorite, since it makes me cry every time I sing it, especially when we sing it at the Candle light service Christmas Eve.

I think I like it so much because it makes me feel Gods love so strong and it also keeps those who have gone to our Lord close in my heart.

Thank you so much for posting this and God Bless you

kgangel
  6. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Asatrump,
    Do you have music for Cliff Richard's 'Mistletoe & Wine'? I love that song, although not officially a carol I guess!
    I too wish i could hear you play!
    Best wishes,
    Linda.
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Oh Linda,

I was doing 100% in having all the music until you put in Mistletoe and Wine. I haven't got that anywhere. Not sure I ever heard it. However when I come to visit you in New Zeland (in my dreams) I will buy the music for it. Please pick another for me.
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

What a beautiful offering you send up to the Lord for all of us!
    I hope you have been doing okay?

The two songs i would have pick are already spoken of, "What child is this" love that one, the first time i heard it i was spell bound and "Little drummer boy".

There is also a song we sang as kids i liked, don't know the name, but it was an echo song, "listen to what i say?"

"Do you know what i know", may also be the title??
    Said the shepard boy to the little lamb,
    Do you know what i know, (echo) do you know what i know
    little lamb,
    It goes on, and tells the birth of jesus, from the angel to the shepard, to the little lamb, to the mighty king.

Hope i didn't drive you crazy! LOL
  9. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am very familiar with the song, although I could not find it in books or hymnals, it is called Do you hear what I hear? And I will be happy to play it for you.

I looked on the internet and got the words. I don't know how to list them or send them here, but I printed them out for me. Lovely song, recall doing it with children.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2006]
  10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That's it! Thanks!

It's a nice one, and was always fun to sing in rounds.
  11. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Asatrump,
    I will enjoy any carol you choose! Maybe Cliff isn't so well known in your neck of the woods?
    I love that one 'do you hear what I hear' too, so I'll enjoy that next time I hear it & think of you all.
    Linda.
  12. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I heard this old Christmas song for the first time last week. Not sure who wrote it or when. Sounds like something from the 1950's.

It is called:
    "I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS"

The song was corny but cute.
  13. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I looked even in my fake books, but no Hippopotamus for Xmas. I did have to giggle though as this is a worship board and I got caught off guard with that one! How about a second choice of something more traditional?
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Do you have Mary Did You Know by Mark Lowery.

If not O Come All Ye Faithful would be my second choice.

As always, I appreciate you doing this for us.

Love,
    Nancy
  15. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have 3 Xmas fake books, Reader's Digest, stacks of old sheet music and various level piano books. I find Mary's had a baby, Mary's Little Boy
    child, Mary's little Boy......... but not the one you mentioned. Some day I hope to figure out how to write a reply but still find your post at the same time. Maybe it never works that way, cause all I see is my original post.

Think for you, the angel..... Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Angels We have Heard on High, Angels from the Realm of Glory and Angels from Heaven.

You are the bandwoman, angel of the worship board!
  16. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You are so sweet. I had a feeling it would be hard to find. O Come All Ye Faithful would be fine. I think you probably know that one. LOL

Love,
    Nancy