Do you have good days???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by soozbee, Sep 10, 2003.

1. soozbee

soozbee New Member

I have some good days! On these days I feel as though there is a dull ache, but I'm used to it and I can handle it. These are great and I feel as though I can get so much done, yet always at the back of my mind is when the next flare up be! As long as I don't do something stupid like lift something heavy or go for a walk (sad to say), I can stave it off somewhat, but when the barometric pressure drops, look out!

I was just wondering how much of the time everyone else is in pain (and if some have it constantly)?
  2. peking

peking New Member

Every single day I am achy and tired; some days worse than others. Some days, though thank God not often, I can't get out of bed. But not a day goes by that I feel "good" like I used to or wonder what kind of life this is. And I feel like I'm dragging my husband down with me, though is he wonderful and supportive. I HATE THIS!!! Thank God for this board!!!

Love,
    Deb
  3. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

Yes, I do. Ironically it seems like this happens when I'm sleep deprived by one night. Does that happen to others ever? I can sometimes run a few errands if I didn't get enough sleep. But then I'm super tired and more fatigued the next day or so.
    Recently I went to Oregon (I live in Idaho) and spent over an hour walking in the waves, with no ill effects afterwards. I also went to the docks and bought fresh salmon, though after what I've read about neurotoxins that might've been a bad idea?
    Anyway, good days are more frequent then when I was first dx with FM two years ago. Perhaps I have learned to manage the pain better and not do something stupid, like you said, and lift something heavy.
    Kate
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I could have been the one who wrote your post. It sounds exactly like me. I get tired of this, but I try very hard to take care of myself. I just really need to lose weight - the lack of exercise due to my aching and pain has caught up with me. Actually the past 7 yrs I gained 40 lbs! Anyway, I have had some better days since I started taking Bayer aspirin twice a day with meals and alot of water. Alot of people cannot tolerate aspirin, so you need to check with your doctor, (it can cause bleeding.) I take a warm bath each night, it helps if the pain is bad. Sometimes I put Epsom Salts in the water and soak for 20 minutes, it does help. I also started a higher protein diet, that really helped also. I have more energy and my mental outlook is alot better. I try to do a "modified" Atkins diet - Hope you are feeling better....
  5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I would say I have good hours on occassion. It always surprises me and takes me about an hour to recognize that I feel good!
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

when the pain and stiffness are not as bad, but I never have a day like I did before I got sick. And my energy level is definitely not like it was before, but I am grateful for any improvement in how I feel however small it may be. My neck and shoulders are constantly sore and stiff. The other day I tried to remember how they used to feel before FM and I really couldn't since it has been so long.

Ellen
  7. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

Yesterday I realized that I actually felt what used to be normal........for a hour or two. It was awesome and kind of eerie how easy it was to slip into being "me" and then to be able to look back on it and be at least hoepful there'll be more of those times somehow, someday.
  8. Bonnette

Bonnette New Member

My sister recently visited me for ten days. We did a great deal of shopping which included a great deal of walking. I was shocked how good I felt. Of course, her visit was a relaxing and enjoyable time for me. But as soon as she left, I had to get back into the swing of a stressful job sitting at a computer all day and being two weeks behind in my work didn't help. Within three days I was in a flare. Maybe I over did it shopping but I tend to believe the stress and sitting at the computer all day brought on the flare.
  9. KLS

KLS New Member

I have had good days and sometimes good weeks. I've learned over the course of this DD that I can tell the difference from the minute I wake-up that I am ME again. I used to try to take extra good care of myself during these times in the hope that I could maintain the "remission" but for me, I can either take advantage of the good days and get stuff done or not exert and still end up on the bottom. I don't mean to sound like a wet-blanket, but I now just take one day at time and know that the good days are going to end, but that the bad days will too. I too was much worse in the beginning. I have had this for 9 years and now I don't know what's "normal" for someone my age to feel like on any given day. I just know that if I control the fatigue, I have more control over the pain.