do you have more energy in the morning or night ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Nov 5, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

when i wake up in the morning after about a half an hour. i can get up shower clean and stretch for about an hour. after that i can only get out of bed for about 15 min at a time. i was just wondering how you guys get through your day? charlene
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Charlene

The best part of the day for me is mid afternoon. From about 11:00 -2:00. I try to schedule any doctors appointments for about 1:00.

hugs Redwillow
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

Definitely night.

I'm always a lot more perky at night. I start 'turning on' about 5 p.m., and this lasts at least until midnight.

You can understand how this makes it really hard to get up for work and make it through the morning!
  4. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I am like Juloo. I can drag myself around all day, and then towards evening, it is like somebody turned on the light switch to the brain. This used to keep me up until 3:00 a.m. I am doing better with all this now and usually go to bed around 11:30 p.m.
  5. maryld

maryld New Member

Every day is slightly different for me. The majority has to be nights though, hands down. Most days i drop my kids off at school then cannot do anything but sleep on and off till i pick them back up. If i were to guess why my nights are better....#1 All the sleep i get during the day and #2 All the pain meds in my system by then.(for most people it does the opposite but pain meds give me energy) I hope you are feeling well today. Just remember to listen to your body. Take care.
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

energy at night. I always have. I guess I am just a night person. normally when I can I will stay up at night and sleep during the day. There are times when I have to be a day person though and I find those very hard.

No matter how tired I am I find it hard to stay asleep when I go to bed at night say like 10pm - 12am. I generally go to sleep between 2am and 6am.
  7. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I get whatever housework I can, done in the mornings, by noon I'm exhausted and take a nap, then I struggle through the rest of the day. By 8pm I'm ready for bed.
  8. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I usually go back to bed after kids leave for school, get up periodically through the day for a bit at a time.

I felt so groggy last night from about 4 pm that all I could do was sleep - my eyes were rolling back in my head.. WHY???

Usually I Get up for the day when kids get home around 3 but usually feel rotten. I get perky around 10 or 11 PM.

Last night I couldn't sleep (AGAIN) and I said to my husband that I really wish my clocks were set like normal peoples!! Bless him, he said, they will be someday honey, don;t give up hope.

Kim
  9. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Late at night for me too. Although it's not a great improvement, it does keep me from wanting to go to bed. I know all I have to look forward to in the morning is being too tired to "rise" lol
  10. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Definitely, night is best for me. If I HAD to work, someone would have to come and get me out of bed, dress me, carry me to the car and drive me to work and sit me down.

Thank you, charlene,

BlueSky555
  11. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

NIGHT! I wish I could be on a normal schedule. I am trying.
  12. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

I am always soooo tired whenever I wake up in the AM and it doesn't matter how much sleep I've had either... I just feel sedated and it takes me quite a while to wake up. I am really an evening person, that is when I get the most done and I am usually up until midnight - at least, but I keep telling myself I need to go to bed, but I don't want to lay there tossing & turning.
    My Husband is always in bed by 8pm. and I could not ever fall asleep that early unless it was just a "nap". Work days are difficult because sometimes I have to be up very early, it's really hard, but I have to. Even though I'm up early for work, I still cannot get to bed earlier that evening. I love sleep, I just wish I could fall asleep earlier and faster.
    I'm glad I'm not alone, not that I wish this on anyone, but I feel alone with this problem. I am always tired. Take care. susi-di
  13. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I work full-time, so I literally have to drag myself out of the bed to get to work by 7:30am, and it's a 30 to 45 minute commute. My body either wants to go to sleep at 8:00pm (but I never can because there's always so much to do) or it doesn't want to go until around midnight, which is not nearly enough sleep.

If I could get a job where I wouldn't have to get up until 8:00am, that would make a big difference. But then I'd get caught up in rush-hour traffic on the way home, in the dead of winter! Really, I just need a part-time job. But, I need the benefits, etc.

I drag at work until about 11:00am, when I finally get a burst of energy, and so much that lunchtime at 1:00pm (my choice) comes so soon. Shortly after lunch, and the closer it gets to 3:00pm, I am so sleepy that I wish I could zap myself in bed.
  14. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

most deffinatley at night late afternoon not sure why that is but I can do more things around the house I start kicking in about 3-4 in the afternoon.
  15. tlayne

tlayne Member

cortisol levels! I went in for my consult about my hormone levels and my pharmacy told me I had cortisol in the morning and then it drops to almost nothing during the day, and then it goes back up in the pm.

I did not tell him my energy levels, he told me, and it was right on target! I am now on Cortef, a steroid that your adrenal glands make. It has been a little over a week, and I am noticing a slight improvement.

I believe the cause was chronic unmanaged pain, chronic illness, Hormones, preservatives, and antibiotics in our food, unmanaged stress, unmanaged sleep disturbance, other unbalanced homones (testerone, estrogen, progesterone) and improper use of antidepressants (being prescribed antidepressants when I was fatigued, and they couldn't find the cause). ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST MY BELIEF!

Steroids have many possible side effects, so please inform yourself! On the other hand if your hormones are not balanced you will have many health problems. A blood test for adrenal gland function is not effective as it only tests for the levels at the time of the blood test. A saliva test is best as it will measure your levels thru out the day.

Wishing all of us the best of health! Hugs, Tam
  16. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I have more energy in the early-late evenngs. Never was a morning person. But, when I was young I needed to go to bed early as well.

I know my Cortisol levels are off, as I had the saliva testing done, but haven't met with the Naturopathic dr yet to decide what to do.

Raz
  17. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

I may NOT a morning person!!!!! I feel in a fog most of the morning. I can be up for about 2 hours and them I could lay down for a couple of hours. I hit my high energy around 1:00. It makes it REALLLLLLY ruff since I just had to change jobs. I have to be at work at 6:00 am.
  18. whoachief

whoachief New Member

is always my most productive time of day. Trying to get up in the morning, get dressed and get the kids off to school is definately the most trying part of my day.
  19. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

If I were left to my own devices I'd never be awake before noon. I'm a pure bred night owl. No matter how much sleep I get I am always tired when I have to get up in the morning. I can go to sleep at 9 pm and still sleep till 2 in the afternoon if I haven't set my alarm. Unfortunately I have a strict 8:30 wake up alarmclock...Her name is Ariana :)
  20. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

They come too early...even at 11 AM >_> <_<

I unfortunately have most energy from midnight to 3 AM. Sometimes if I'm lucky I get out of that habit, but when I'm in a flare there's no escaping it. Generally I wake up in the morning around 9-11 AM and drudge around until maybe 2:30 and I have some energy. By 8 PM I'm like ZzZZZzz but walking...then by midnight WHOO! It's like someone gave me a shot of adrenaline.

It's not a very productive way to live, really, but I find I do my best writing late at night anyway so...o_O

Maybe one of these scribbles will be a future movie script, who knows?

But really, I don't like mornings. I'm mean in the AM and I will hurt people who try to wake me up before I'm ready :D Then I hurt once I wake up and that makes me not want to sleep...sleep is good though...I think...not so sure anymore.