Do you have PMDD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Over the past 8 months since going off of birth control, I have noticed an ever increasing pattern that I feel has almost "taken over me". 10 days before I get my period, I am getting severe, severe, PMS and the main complaint is my mood. Yesterday I woke up and I knew what was hitting me. The same thing that has hit me for the past several months and every month it is getting worse. I am just like this really angry,negative person who is just irratable all the time, and I have all the symptoms that were mentioned on the website I went to. Symptoms for this disorder ( Pre-menstrual Disphoric Disorder) include: Depressed mood,anger or irratability,difficulty in concentration,Lack of interest in activities once enjoyed,moodiness,increased appetite,insomnia or hypersomnia,feeling overwhelmed or out of control,other physical symptoms. I have read that Zoloft has actually been prescribed for women with this disorder, and some only take it for about 7-10 days a month - when they get the symptoms. Has anyone out there been diagnosed with this disorder? There is this awful cloud hanging over my head and I truly feel overwhelmed and "out of control". I don't even enjoy being around anyone and this is not like me. I just don't feel like "me" at all. It is so stressful, because I feel trapped in this body that feels this way, and I don't want to feel this way. I have got to talk to my dr. I have been putting it off because we have been trying for a baby, and it's best not to be on this med or other antidepressants for pregnancy. We have one more month to try for a baby before I go back on more meds to enable me to go back to work. I think to myself, surely I can make it one more month, but this is torture. LOL Carla