Do you have Sciatic nerve issues too?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've recently come to the conclussion that alot of back & hip pain that I had thought was just Fibro are really related more to the Sciatic Nerves.

Anyone else have this issue too?
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I had sciatic issues when I was pregnant with twins. Although it was painful, what was more annoying was this constant a tingling or weird feeling that never went away. And just like that, it vanished one day. My doctor said one had nothing to do with the other, but the very day the sciatic pain stopped, I had no feeling in both my hands--for the rest of the pregnancy (which was about a month), and the day I gave birth, that stopped. In recent years, I had an injury to my hip, which caused similar pain, and I swore it would never go away; but after about six month of chiro and stretching therapy. it did.

My mom recently had a bout of sciatica, and when she could not take the pain anymore, she reluctantly saw the chiro. Week after week, she would complain it wasn't working, and then about five or six weeks in, it started to take effect. I would say she's 90% better now.

If you haven't considered a chirpractor, please do. We happen to be blessed with a great chiro--Johns Hopkins educated, and he believes in narcotics as an absolute last resort. I hope you can find one that works through the pain with you, like I did!

Good luck--Laura

[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2011]
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I have been working with a chiropractor and about 5 yrs ago I saw a Massage Therapist, and I'm thinking of trying her again.
  4. dzlady

dzlady New Member

I also have 2 bulging discs in my back. So I dont know if they are related to those or to the fibro.
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

No way I can do any kind of surgery with no insurance. Yeah the pain medications just take the edge off. I've been alternating between heat & ice.

Thanks for the replys--it is helpful for research.
  6. onset1990

onset1990 Member

But I've always known it was sciatica and also some disc problems low down. I still call it fibro-related because in my case it's related to inflammation! I get spells of pain in many areas which have had trauma in my life, car accidents and falling down stairs. Now that I have osteoarthritis, I get flares of them and my CRP tests show inflammation in the body.

So the sciatic nerves are/can be affected by fibro. I don't have any RA inflammation issues at all. That's not the kind of inflammation I am experiencing. It's frustrating. Aspirin works the best but the Dr says NO aspirin! grr. (I can't take ibuprofen, etc) just tylenol occasionally, and ice.