Do you have some sort of migraine headache everyday?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lumediluna, Feb 27, 2003.

1. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

Just curious if any of you have a migraine headache everyday when you wake up? I know it's not normal, but I am wondering if I am having a REALLY bad flare up because I have them everyday or is it normal for us to have them everyday? I need to see a chiro, and it helps temp. but then they come back. Thanks for your time.
  2. sb439

sb439 New Member

I had such headaches for months on end, and still get them for days, sometime two weeks now. They are the pain I hate most, painkillers don't help in my case.
    Susanne
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

yes i do have them daily. I have been getting treatment for them in the past few months because i can't bare with the fibro pain and the migraines too. It is more then we can handle sometimes i feel. Anyway, i have been placed on the beta blockers which are blood pressure meds that are to help the intensity and the duration of the migraines. I have had to begin a migraine journal also which is not too good. But so you know this is something that should be brought to the attention of your doctor. I went with treatment with the Chiro for quite sometime too until he finally said look, I can put you back together but in a day or two you have fallen apart. So, i have been experimenting with my Doc on the migraine meds and such for them. That is what I would recommend you do. Take care and good luck.
    Joannie
  4. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

again[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  5. Sunflowergrl

Sunflowergrl New Member

Lumediluna,
    I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with daily headaches.

I also suffer from daily headaches as well as migraines. I have been dealing with migraines since I was a teenager and I'm now 33.They have became worse as I have gotten older.

I have been going to a neurologist for years. I was just diagnosed with Fibro on May 9th 2002.

I don't know if it's normal to have some sort of headache everyday. Sorry I cant help you with that question I just wanted to let you know you are not alone with having daily headaches or a migraine every day.

6. starstella

starstella New Member

but lots of us do. Have you tried to get treatment from anyone else but your chiro? I use chiro also but feel this headache problem is beyond chiro.
  7. TKE

TKE New Member

....and so did my Brother. We both have auto-immune diseases. Then I started taking "Feverfew". I started on 3 caps a day for a month, then backed down to one a day. I get headaches, brought on by sinus/allergies, but haven't had a migraine in almost a year now.

My Brother hasn't gotten hardly any migraines since starting on Feverfew.

"Feverfew" is a herb. You can get it in cap form at Wal-Mart.

It's worth a try if it helps you.

TKE