Do you have this symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharina, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sharina

sharina New Member

Hello all.

I have suffered from ME for 11 years now and in that time i have been bed ridden to 80% well.
    I now find myself about 80% ill again. The symptoms i suffer from the most is fatigue, dizziness and anxiety.
    But now i have a new symptom that has occurred and was wondering if anybody out there has it too and if so do they know what it is.

Its difficult to explain but i try.... I get a feeling of pressure in my head (tension headache you might say) but with it i also get feelings of movement, sometimes a buzz sound that shoots across my head for only a second, then a jolt which actually moves my head. That reminds me of restless leg of which i have suffered from for years. These symtoms affect my balance. Its not there all the time but can last for hours at times.
    I did think it may be connected to anxiety but im not always feeling anxious when it happens.

If anybody can shed light on this symptom i be very grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Your cfs symptoms sound so much like me. I can relate to the head problem , maybe not exactly the same but I have always had what I call a weird head feeling that I can't explain.

I feel like I have bees going off in my head at time and like the inside of my head is spinning, not like the dizziness. Then I have had the jolt you speak of, its like lighting hits my head and my head moves more like a jerk. The jolt as I call it doesn't last long but the weird head feeling is off and on and I hate it.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I don't think the head jerk or jolt is related to anxiety.

I hate this darn DD but hate the off balance, dizziness and ANXIETY the worst. I feel if it wasn't for the 24/7 anxiety I could handle this so much better. Oh, I also have ringing in my ears 24/7, this has nothing to do with the head jerk, just thought I would mention it.

I wish I had an answer but I don't think there are any for this DD.

Have you had this checked out with your doc? Mine just looks at me like I make all this up.

God Bless,
  3. sharina

sharina New Member

Hi gg,

Thanks for your reply.

Thats it, like lightning going through your head and yes it only lasts a second but the head feeling comes and goes.

Anxiety is dreadful, sometimes unbareable and sometimes when head is feeling bad it causes anxiety to start up. Do you find anxiety starts up for no apparent reason. Im not scared of anything, well apart from feeling so ill with this illness, it gets you so down and stops you doing so much.

Yes i seen my dr about it and yes mine looks at me that im imaging it. However he did send me to a neuroglist and all he could say was, " I dont think its nothing to worry about, you need to get a job and go to the gym" He dischard me and i walked out of there in discuss.

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Oh My Goodness I have this too, especially at night when I lay down to try to go to sleep and all is still and quite. It is very annoying and I always wonder what it is, it almost feels like my head is going to blow up.

5. sharina

sharina New Member

Thanks for reply.

I agree with you, yes it mostly at night when you lay down to sleep. Yes it does feel like your head will explode.

It seems not many of us get it but im so pleased to hear im not the only one.
    Was beggining to think there was something seriously wrong inside my head.

Any suggestions anyone on how to get rid of it.

6. loto

loto Member

I can't believe the neurologist said that to you!!! That's so crazy, I am just amazed at the things I hear doctor's telling us people with our FM and CFS, etc!!!! They are so ignorant, and I wish they could just go through what we do at least for one day, so they know about all the weird symptoms we have! Maybe then they'd be more understanding and compassionate to what we have. My doctor doesn't know all about the FM I have, I can tell by some of the things he tells me, like how one thing isn't related to another or because of the FM, but he is sympathetic and compassionate!!!!

7. star273

star273 New Member

I take a xanax when I do this and it seems to help for whatever reason that is... It is one of the most annoying symptoms there is and it hurts.. xanax is the only thing that has helped so far..
  8. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I used to get this a lot and it would terrify me. I was told it could be caused by certain meds, especially SSRIs...well, I was on Zoloft for awhile and the zaps increased when I upped the dosage so I went off the med and it pretty much went away. I don't know if you're on any meds but perhaps you can ask your pharmacist.

If it's anxiety, well, I was under an extreme amount of stress when it started happening, but in general I'm not an anxious person. I haven't had the jolt like sensations in about two years but still get buzzing once and awhile. I get the buzzing in other parts of my body too, especially my legs, and sometimes I end up falling so I wonder what is going on...I can relate to the bee feeling greatgran described too!