Do you have two different kinds of "flares"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tngirl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I seem to have times when the pain is just awful, then there are other times that the pain is no worse than usual but I am so exhausted I can't move.

Sometimes the pain and the exhaustion occur at the same time but sometimes I just literally feel like it takes enormous effort to move. I have to lie down and often cannot read or even watch TV.

Sometimes I just have the exhaustion and not an increase in my pain level.

Does anyone else do that?
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

First comes the pain and then when that subsides the fatigue sets in. Whenever I get stressed, which at times seems impossible to control, I know for a certainty that I will have the flares.

Sometimes I just have the fatigue and I push myself and refuse to give into it.
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I do have to "push" myself somewhat to get anything done. But that is different from the total exhaustion.

Sometimes when I don't feel like doing anything, if I make myself do something it makes me feel better by distracting me from the pain. At times I'll just go to a movie, that doesn't take a whole lot of energy as compared to other activities. It makes me feel better to just get out.

I still work full time, I'm pretty much wiped out by the time I get home.

Sometimes I resent that work gets the "best of Me". It seems nothing else is left over for my family or myself because trying to work consumes me.

4. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

I keep getting different kinds of flares up. So it kinda hard to explain to the dr about this. Like you, I did suffer the pains (all over) then there are times I do not feel pain but felt so weak and exhaust that I barely want to move...

I never really realize that there was kinda two different flares until you mentioned it. So now I know I am not alone in this.
  5. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

That is how I feel too. There is a pain flare and there is this other thing where I feel really ill and weak. Fortunately this one does not happen often but when it does it is scary because I do not know how long it will last. My last spell started in Nov and got progressively worse. I am in the pits right now. It is awful and I really want it to go away. I just want to feel normal gain, whatever that means.
  6. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

me too! I have pain flares where I don't want anything/anyone to touch me. I feel bruised all over and like my joints are swollen but are not.

Then, there are times when I can't think clearly at all. My brain is mush.

All the time, there is fatigue at some level. I nap each day and sleep 12 hours each night.