Do you "hunch over" because of back pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 4, 2009.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have FM and I have noticed that I frequently "hunch over" because it seems to make the pain up and down my spine feel better, like curling up. Does anyone else do that? I seem to have pain mostly in my torso - from my ribs down through my hips. Where is yours?
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I keep saying I walk like a duck because I'm in so much pain. For me, lower back and hips. Bad.

I got a new bed and it has helped tremendously with the discs in my back, but it hasn't done anything yet for the hip problem. Massive hip pain.
  3. nanannan

nanannan New Member

Yes, I've been doing that for years, 26 to be exact - it hurts to straighten up although I keep trying to. It seems that the abdominal muscles seem to be very tight.

little rudy
  4. yes of matter of fact, I do find I hunch over because of my bad back (2 surgeries) and painful hips. I was told when you gain weight you tend to bend forward and it is the reason for the back pain and problems. Isn't fibro, pain a pain.
  5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

more some days than others. Yes, the back pain is terrible. I've been to physical therapy many times over the course of 14 years and the therapists strongly encourage me to walk upright with shoulders back, head in alignment with shoulders. But, for the life of me, I cannot maintain this posture. I curl up. Head forward, shoulders bent forward, spine curled forward.

I hurt just as much if I stand up straight as I do hunched over. I'm too tired to stand straight all the time. This dd will do that to you.

6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My neck also is bent towards the ground. I seem to be always looking at the ground. I can't seem to get my head all gthe way up and if I do, it hurts my back.

The longer the day goes and the tireder I get, the more I hunch. My back hurts so my by the end of the day. Even in my chair I hunch.

Good luck,