Do you know ANYTHING about mold? Help please....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Mar 8, 2007.

  1. Slayadragon

    Slayadragon New Member

    gretchen12 wrote me some questions about mold today.

    I knew nothing whatsoever about mold until about two days ago, but wrote erik a question about it on the board that Gretchen noticed.

    Gretchen says she's in very bad shape, and so I did a tiny bit of search for her and posted some information and comments for her.

    It would be much better if people who know something about mold were to respond to her though.

    The name of the thread is:

    Stachybotrys Eric Lisa et al

    Please take a look at it and add whatever you can to it.

    Thanks!!!

    Best, Lisa

  2. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    Iam going through "hell" right now because of mold that was in my workplace!

    I complained and reported this for THREE........ "YES" THREE years!

    About a year ago I started working full time.....( before that for two years I was part time in same building) anyhow within the first month of working full time I noticed becoming violently ill.....

    .before that for the other two years I immediately had symptoms but since i wasn't in the building for as long it wasn't quite as bad but still it was noticeable and it WAS not good!

    But still no one would listen! NO ONE CARED!

    I bagan having trouble swallowing, wheezing, burning itchy eyes, couldn't keep my head clear, stomach problems, headaches, etc, etc the symptoms were so bad that I actually went to my Dr and told him I thought I was going to die soon.......I also told him I suspected that this was from being exposed tomold at my work....

    My Dr did blood work and it came back postive for mold...so it was indeed what was making me so ill.....

    It was cut and dry how when I entered the building I got so bad, and when I left I started feeling some relief...

    I had to go to the hardware store myself and do a mold test....when it verified my suspicions I walked out that day and have not been back!

    Now I don't have a job......I have no income since my employer has no workers comp ins.......Iam still having a lot of problems from the mold ingestion but slowly some of the symptoms are getting better...this has caused me so much mental and emotional stress it is almost as bad as the physical sickness!

    Iam worried and very concerned that some of the ingestion for that long of a period of time has caused long term maybe even reversable damage.......

    if you have any more questions please feel free to ask...also "Ulala" mentioned to me that she too has been hurt from mold...so you may want to address her too.

    Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2007]
  3. Slayadragon

    Slayadragon New Member

  4. phillipu

    phillipu New Member

    Hi Gretchen,

    I've had CFS for years....every fall I have an enormous relapse because of mold due to autumn leaves. I'm seeing an allergist and will be getting transfer factor.