Do you know what triggered your FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Aug 20, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I was in a car accident. Anyone have symptoms after pregnancy, divorce, death of loved one, surgeries, etc?
  2. pasara

pasara New Member

i was hit by a car and suffered a brain injury and severe whiplash and muscular injuries. i suffer from CFS, FM and CMP.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I broke my arm. It was a severe fracture.

4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i had gallstones and the dr. did laser surgery and messed up and cut my bile duct. i almost died and have been sick ever since. that was 16 years ago.
  5. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

a whole line of stuff . I got a divorce , then had to move back home with my parents after being married 18 years. Had to move with my daughter from a big city back to a smaller town and we lost everything . Then my daughter got diabetes from the stress . I finally got a job that had insurance and that I could work from 7-4 and be home when my daughter was home . I fell at work . Sprained my neck , got a concussion , badly bruised my hip , sprained my wrist.

The fibro started when I was trying to recover from the fall at work . They fought me and wouldn't pay long term insurance ( which I paid for with deductions from my check) Then they fought and won when I tried to get workers comp.
    Now I just recently lost disability at the ALJ level.

Sorry , I got carred away , but that is how it has been for the last 5 years.

6. joyousmom2

joyousmom2 New Member

Mine also started after gallbladder surgery and a problem with bile back up. My guts are still very messed up. I can no longer eat meat - it actually tastes terrible to me! I rarely go out to eat with people because I end up having to order bizarre things (like cooked apples or very overprocessed items to avoid pain later on).

But the gallbladder had to come out so what can you do?
  7. sadie101

sadie101 New Member

I did have mono 15 years ago but was great for years til I got hep B vaccines for my job. the first three I got ill with every shot but seem I was starting to feel better, then the first three didn't render to my immune so I had to get three more and have had fevers,rashes,pain,fatique,
    ECT sense.
    take care
  8. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

they say things happen for a reason just dont know why this one. i have to have liver test all the time because there is a chance for the rest of my life my bile duct will colapse.

it has once i had to wear a drainage tube for a year. they say if it happens again i will have to wear it for the rest of my life. like you i do have to watch what i eat. sorry that happened to you.

9. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

after my hysterectomy.

looking back i've had "episodes" since i was around 12 or 13, a couple times a year where i'd get intense pain in different joints, that doctors could never explain.

about a week after my hysterectomy, the pain started in my hips, has moved around and never stopped.=(
  10. artkin

artkin New Member

begun after a MMR vaccination
  11. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

It could be one or more of several things. I had horriable leg aches as a small child. My Dad died 9 days before I turned 13 yrs. Broke arm and wrist in dumb accidents. Bad female problems lots of pain that caused me to have a hyesterectomy at age 34. Lots of stress since then.
    WHo knows what caused this, I just know that despite the reason I ended up living with fibro.

12. gws

gws New Member

my time spent in saudi arabia and iraq during the gulf war.
  13. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i always suffered with back pain which i know now is cmp about 4 yrs ago a sex injury kicked in the fibro try telling that to the judge for ssd lol how embarassing he must have believed me i won.
  14. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I had MONO six months before I had my first attack of CFID and FM.

15. Leanna44

Leanna44 New Member

Eight years ago my mother attempted suicide. At that time I was also working about 60 hours per week and was raising a child with severe ADHD.

As a result of all the stress I had a nervious breakdown which through me into a severe depression that lasted for 7 years.

Last July I went back to work at a very physical job and after about 8 months I began to have horrible back pain which ended me up in ER and in being taken off of work.

I ultamently had to leave my job because the back pain was so bad.

My doc sent me to a pain clinic for my back and then I began having strange symptoms. The pain management doctor is the one who diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.

I currently take Lyrica which 3 weeks into it seems to help me some. I am also on the Fentanyl Patch 75n/hr.

The doctor told me that what brought on my Fibromyalgia was all the emotional and physical stress that my body and mind exoerienced.

I also have BP 2, General Anxiety Disorder, Post Tramatic Strss Disorder, Degenative Disc Desease and Fibromyalgia.

[This Message was Edited on 08/21/2008]
  16. bdancer

bdancer New Member

...what started all this for me was something that happened shortly after moving to the northwestern part of the state I live in - Wisconsin. I have no idea what I was exposed to or bitten by but I got very sick with severe diarrhea and the most foul-smelling burps you can imagine! This lasted a couple health has progressively gone to h*** in a handbasket ever since! Before that I was a very healthy happy young mom with lots of energy. Since then I've...

been diagnosed with IBS
    began having chronic yeast and bacterial infections
    (that was just the beginning)
    then I slowly aquired pretty much every other typical FM/CFS symptom I've ever seen, was diagnosed with FM...
    since that diagnosis I've aquired cardiac and ANS and/or neurological symptoms too!!
  17. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I was told it was FM and CFS, then found out it was really Lyme disease all a long.
  18. zen68

zen68 New Member

Holy crap do I ever remember that day! I hit a pedestrian with my car. It turned out to not be my fault (he was drunk and jaywalking), but it really traumatized me, and not two weeks later I started feeling achy all over. The guy I hit got up and walked away. Sometimes I see him walking down the street today and I just want to go up to him and beat the living crap out of him for ruining my life. Displaced anger, I guess.
  19. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I had a silly fall up a step then my neck became extremely sore and I could not move it. Was short of breath and ended up in the hospital. My little fall apparently did something to the vegas nerve and my diaphram became stationary on my right side and still is to this day. This caused my lung on that side to not inflate all the way.

From that day on I had pain. Was diagnosed about a year later in 1994 with fibro.
  20. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

My mom died when I was three. That made me prone to FM. I was always tired, had awful periods and suffered from migraines as a teen.

Had a hysterectomy in 1995. Got married to my soulmate that year, only to lose him to lung cancer five years later. That did it for me.