Do you know your GAF score?? Psychiatric Assessment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crdmkr2004, Mar 31, 2006.

1. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Hi everyone
    I am just curious, especially for those who have won their disability claims, if any of you know what your GAF (global assessment Factor)? score was. It is monitored on a scale of 0-100 and decided usually by your assessment done by the Psychiatrist. I am just wondering if it has any bearing on the application for disability for Depression/Fibro.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sandy
  2. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Yes I do know mine and I googled too but still don't know what disability or insurance companies feel is sufficient, so I thought I would see what everyone who has had success in obtaining disability, had for their scores. That would be great if you happen to come across yours so I would have something to compare mine to.
    thanks again
    Sandy
  3. deb06

deb06 New Member

Yes, the score is very important. It basically determines for the judge is your considered mild, moderate or severe in your diagnosis.

My first case which I never did win I think most scores were around 60-65.

My second case that I did win mainly on the mental diagnosis's my score was 55 I think.

Luv,Deb
  4. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Deb
    My score is 50-55, I hope it is enough to swing the vote. I am in the process of an appeal.
    Thanks
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  5. deb06

deb06 New Member

Hey, your welcome.

Isn't it ironic that we think of a lower score something to celebrate? ha ha.

The way I saw it- it was just a number that would allow me to get the disability benefits that I deserve.

deb

P.s.

If that is your score- you might be able to win your case "on the record" and not have to go before the Judge.

I would have won my second case that way if I did not have my first one in federal appeals. So good luck!
  6. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Apparently, I should know by the end of next week. I will post and let everyone know. This is very stressful.
    Thanks again
    Sandy