Do you limp?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by kytriplets, Apr 6, 2006.

1. kytriplets

kytriplets New Member

Because of my tremendous hip pain I'm no longer able to walk normally. The pain makes me limp. Does anyone limp due to FM pain?
  2. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

My husband noticed it first...
  3. sugarpeach

sugarpeach New Member

Limp,limp,limp,limp............. that is all I ever do. I limp from hip pain, foot pain, ankle pain and sometimes b/c of my Knees. I get really tired of people looking at me like I have 3 heads. It is a real drag to know that before you even put your feet on the floor after laying down that you are in for some major pain . But as I always try to say to myself It could be worse. Hope for a better day tomorrow. Hugs to you! Susan
  4. labrat59

labrat59 New Member

My limp appears half way through my work day. I stand all day on concrete floors and it really takes a toll on my hip and feet. In fact this week I had to shorten my work day from 8 hours to 6 because I could barely walk to my car at the end of the day.
    Lisa
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kytriplets:
    I limp slightly due to hip pain. I do not always do it, but when it happens it is a definite limp. So--I bought a cane.
    What is next?

n.f.
  6. penpardee

penpardee New Member

Current limp is from a piece of loose cartilege in my left knee...(suregery next Wednesday)this one is bad enough to require a cane!!! For whatever "the ache of the day" limping is such a normal thing now I am greatful for the days I can walk properly, and there is pesky slightly forward bend from that catch low in my back that makes me waddle like a duck!!! I can just hear myself saying to my mother years ago..."Quack, quack, waddle, waddle"...now I wish I were as mobile as she is...she will be 67 tomorrow...I told here she is really only 7 if you average in the age of her hip and 2 NEW knees. At this point I wonder if I would not have been more fortunate to inherit the osteoarthritis that destroyed her joints (and caused years of pain) than this...Sometimes I feel like I just need a couple good squirts of WD-40!!!

I hope you can find some relief from your pain.

Pen
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

I can go out to eat and when I get up to leave, I can barely pull myself up and I will limp and walk not very steady at all. But I might of walked in there "normally".

I will go back and forth this way all in one day. Sometimes I walk up to a electric scooter normal like.,but if I did not take the scooter I would find myself limping and ready to buckle at anytime once in the store.

I know I must look suspicious to some.......Susan
  8. OlWolf

OlWolf New Member

Frequently... and waddle, too! There's days I swear someone has my Voodoo Doll! They just pick random places to spear me with a hat-pin! Ankles, Knees, Hips, Lower Back in any combination at any time. I use a cane cause I fall frequently, too. Thing is - my elbows, wrists and hands are affected, too, and it's a rotational choice as to which bum arm to use the cane with - to hold up which bum leg!
    Fuuny the WD-40 was mentioned... I often think of the Tin Man's oil-can in the Wizard of Oz.
  9. Jackie41

Jackie41 New Member

It's more of a waddle than a limp and was one of my first symptoms. For me it's due more to weak legs than to pain. I am no longer able to walk without forearm crutches and have been on them for three years now.

Jackie
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Yet :)

I do limp when my hip is acting up or when my bad knee is
    hurtin bad.
    Thankfully its not everyday for me.
    Mine seems to be all related to Fibro.

Hope this helps~
    and more-so,..I hope you find some relief from all this

Hugs
    Tandy
  11. jake123

jake123 New Member

It is from my hips and knees.
  12. jeanann

jeanann New Member

My friend just noticed the other day. i am so bummed. I have hip, knee ankel and feet pain.
  13. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Yes, I limp.I have arthritis in my left foot and ankle
    so bad that it is full of bone spurs.I have been told by a foot surgeon and my rheumy that the only thing
    that would help would be to fuse the bones together.
    This is the last thing I would want to have done, because
    I would be limping all the time. My body is jerked around enough without having to limp all the time.
    I also limp from arthritis in my knees and hips.
    I limp all over from the fibro. I just don't know
    which part of me it is going to be.
    I am like one of the other posters: I have the worst problem trying to get up and walk after Ihave been sitting for a while.
    (((cathugs))) Ruth
  14. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

Especially after sitting for any length of time - like the others, I limp and waddle. Mine is mostly hips, but my knees like to join the party too.
  15. Tic2000

Tic2000 New Member

I also limp 99% of time, been thinking about getting a cane.
  16. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi all
    yes i have since i was about 9 year old :( my dad used to call me farmer giles right up until my dx - guess he's too embarrased to call me that now.

i have a waddle stick but its very rare that i use it as my husband is on hand to tow me along lol :D

one lady tapped me on the shoulder at the school and asked to see my baby!!! it was a really bad day for me and apparantly the way i was walking she wanted to see my newborn.

just laugh it off and have fun with it
  17. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Yes,the pain in my legs,causes me to limp.And my feet are so sore on the bottoms.
    Take Care!!
    Jordane
  18. lin21

lin21 New Member

little did I know then but my fibro all started with a limp. They thought it was a bad knee and fast forward four years later after knee surgery I was diagnosed six months later with fibro. I have been using a cane for the past four years (age 42) but to tell you the truth I'm going to stop using it , I think people will feel better if they see dragging my leg then with the cane. it's a stigma that I don't need anymore, I'll only use it on my worst of days. Hell I never go anywhere anymore .
  19. lin21

lin21 New Member

little did I know then but my fibro all started with a limp. They thought it was a bad knee and fast forward four years later after knee surgery I was diagnosed six months later with fibro. I have been using a cane for the past four years (age 42) but to tell you the truth I'm going to stop using it , I think people will feel better if they see dragging my leg then with the cane. it's a stigma that I don't need anymore, I'll only use it on my worst of days. Hell I never go anywhere anymore .