Do you live in Tennessee, Va, or NC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Aug 30, 2006.

1. shep

shep New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for someone who lives in the Tri-City Area of Northeast Tennessee. This area includes Johnson City, Bristol, Kingsport. I am married, female, 56 yrs. old.
    I would love to corespond with someone from this area that has Fibro or CFS.
    Best Wishes to all,
    Shep
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I saw that no one has seen your post and I wanted to reply. I am from NC but I have traveled to your area several times and I think it is beautiful.

My husband used to work for a company whose headquarters was in Abington, VA. We use to take his clients to the Nascar race in Bristol and visit his fellow employees in your area. We had a lot of good times there.

Also for a few years I was engaged to a person from Blowing Rock and we had a boat on Watauga Lake. It was wonderful. I miss that area so much.

I just wanted to say hello and I hope you find someone from your area.
  3. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

Shep,

I am from the piedmont area of NC. Years ago on vacation, visited Bristol when passing through. Nice area. I'm single, female, 51 and have had CFS for 16 years, somewhere along the way developed FM also. I also have problems with balance and gait and muscle weakness. I work from my home but only because I cannot afford to try for disability. My PCP has suggested disability but I have 1 son who is in college as of about 3 weeks ago. Also, I love my work and want to work as long as I can. If I have to work and crash every day, then that's the way it will be for now.

Write back anytime. I check in the message board every couple of days....working as much as I do, I don't stay on the computer any longer than I have to but do like to keep in touch and enjoy reading some of the posts to the board.

Cats
  4. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

Hi and hi all,

I've been reading forever but never posted. I have fm, ra, oa, op, herniated disk and diabetes. I hope all is well as I feel like I know you all. I live in Gray shep and know all this area too well. Ome, I went to Dr. Bible as my first rheumy and he was rude to me. Told me to walk 15 mins a day and that was it. I really suggest if you need to try another, to go to Arthritis Associates in Kingsport. There is a pa who specializes in fm and is wonderful. Here's wishing a pain free night to all and me too. Had a week long flare here.

5. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

6. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Hi shep,

We were cooresponding back in the winter/spring when my family was in the middle of moving to this area.

We are here now and have had a wonderful summer.

I live just blocks from the Ft Henry Mall and would love to meet you there sometime if you want.

Barbara

7. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

Good to meet someone else from our area. I am in Gray, which I'm sure you know where that is. Glad you are liking our area. Take Care.

Richelle
  8. WoodstocksMusic

Hello,

yes, I did find the Gray area, back in late June, when my son's summer baseball team (Dobyns-Benett) played the Boone team. I am also finding my way around JC pretty good now....have a root canal there tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  9. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

on your root canal and on those one way streets in Johnson City, lol.

My step sons and daughter graduated from Boone and my son graduated from South. All the boys played football now my grandson plays football at South.

Hope to talk again. (I'll be 56 on the 19th, same age, lol).

Hugs,
    Richelle
  10. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am in Wilkes NC. Good to see others nearby.
  11. juanro

juanro New Member

Hi,
    Have just found this site and it is quiet helpful. If you would like to correspond with me that would be great. I am 53 yrs. old,married and have had fibro for about10 yrs now.Hope to hear from you soon.
  12. WoodstocksMusic

it was Woodie....wishing shep coulda done it in my place however!

I stressed out over this for 2 weeks as the time drew closer I got more stressed.

I am back home now with amoxicillin and lortab.

I suppose I will survive...but shewwwwwwww

I am just 45 (a babe compared to you guys) I have 2 boys one is a senior at DB the other is a 5th grader. No grandchildren yet or even in the near future...the big boy is into baseball and is planning to continue playing in college! So it will be at least another 5 years, maybe more, before I can get my hopes up for grandkids.

Any suggestions on a good primary care physician in the Kingsport area?

I went to one about a month ago for a rash that would not go away but will not be going back to him...something just did not sit right with him...so am still looking.

The hardest part about moving is locating good medical care... I had such a good PCP before the move.

Feel free to give me some names and I will check to see if they are on my insurance "list".

We really do like it here in Mountains. The summer was so perfect. I had forgotten what moderate temperatures were! I MAY NEVER SWEAT AGAIN!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  13. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

Can I blame it on fibro fog, lol. I swear sometimes I think I've lost my mind.

I go to Holston Med Group at Meadowview and see Dr Judith White. She is wonderful and has so much knowledge about fibro and cfs. She is an internist. I don't know if she is taking new patients, but I would call and see.

I suffered so bad for over five years until my regular GP went into the business dept and I had to get and new doc and God sure put me with the right one.

Let me know if you call and what happens.

Take care of that root canal and don't get a dry socket.

Hugs,
    Richelle
  14. WoodstocksMusic

Brain fog works for me....

Thank you for the dr name... I will check another time to see if my ins will let me go to her.

I am off to bed now. Think all the pain killers r makin me drowsie.

15. Painquilter

Painquilter New Member

Live in Hendersonville NC for the past 7 years......anyone around this area? What docs do you find helpful and understanding around here? Thanks.