Do you react to citrus?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suze, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

I gave up oranges (very reluctantly) several years ago when I realized that they increased my pain. But I still eat grapefruit every day in the winter, and use lemon juice in various ways. I'm wondering if this could be contributing to the difficult time I've been having over the past few months.

I had to give up tomatoes, too, but I thought that was because they're a nightshade.

Does anyone have a bad reaction to citrus?

Thanks,

Suze
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Yes...it makes me much worse. I get my vitamin C by using small amounts of sodium ascorbate.

My theory is that too much C heightens my immune system because it makes all my scars hurt and itch and the sites of any old injuries start hurting.

Jan
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I recently found out that I react to certain foods only when I smell them. I can eat them and I'm fine. Smelling the terpenes is what gets to me.
  4. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

I'm kinda weird...

I can't seem to eat oranges or in fact anything that is orange!! even just the food colouring orange! It puts me in bed with a very bad stomach ache and knocks me around for 2 days after i have eaten it. I really learnt my lesson and just dont eat anything that is orange! or any juices that may have orange in it.

oh well I'm use to it now.

evol
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

A lot of people are allergic to citrus fruits. I'm one of them. (My face gets very puffy, as an overt sign.)

Best, Lisa