Do You Recall A Lot of Your Dreams???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Jun 25, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i find dreams SO fascinating; mine and everyone else's!
    wondering if you do consider yourself good at recalling lots of them. and if you think meds you've been taking play any role in remembering your dreams or not remembering many at all.

a few nights ago i dreamed of a snake biting me on my left forearm. in the dream (always in color) the snake was pale yellow and my arm was beginning to show signs of swelling.

well, my dream interpretation book explains this dream as a foreboding evil and that i will succumb to evil influences!

Note: i'm the one who has a court Mediation date approaching regarding my claim w/the EEOC against my employer; how the word "fibromyalgia" somehow appeared next to my name on a listing that gets posted/distrib at work...HMMMMMMM...evil........
  2. mainerose

mainerose New Member

i too like to rember dreams and trying to analize them. i have a dream book, but it is storage now. do you ever wake from a dream and smell flowers? i do quite often. i ahve been told that it is a form of message. from who i do not know, but sometimes i think it maybe spirts. if you can belive in that. have you ever tried to do dream chaneling, it is kind of neet. i was taught it when i was young, by my grant mother, i was good at when i was younger.

nice to know someone else is into dreams!
  3. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

wow, waking to the scent of flowers!!! no, it's never happened to me but wish it had.

a friend of mine once in a while will actually "smell" her deceased father's pipe tobacco. i mean to the point where she'll ask whoever is there w/her if they smell anything (at all) and she says it is so REAL to her.

explain, please, about dream channeling!! sounds fascinating to me.....
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I seem to get stuck in my dreams but have since leared to just say you are dreaming Mary Jane wake up...I say it three times and then I get myself out of a bad dream. Can you guys do this? My hubby thinks I am so weird and freaky. I always have nightmares and everything seems so real to me.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I can even change the way it's going if I want to.Doesn't that tell a personhow close to conciousness we are.When I get a good nights sleep,I don't remember my dreams.Linda
  6. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

When I was young, I could almost control my dreams. I could start thinking about something before I went to bed at night and would always dream about that. I can remembering dreaming about my "knight in shining armor" coming to take me away and marry me. That was all in my teenage years.

I haven't had a dream in so long, I can't remember what it's like. The NP has started me on some new med that is supposed to help me reach that stage of sleep. She and Doc both agree that I haven't reached that stage of sleep in many years and this is the main reason that my muscles never relax. I hope it starts working soon. I think I will try to dream of being on a tropical island vacation with all of the spa treatments one could ever imagine (except the colonics, of course, lol)
    ((((hugs))))
    mrsj
  7. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i remember many of my dreams and have analyzed many of them. books on dreams interpretations are only a guideline and the symbols in dreams are specific to each individual. sometimes what something means to one person can mean something completely different to something else. say a key,for instance, means to some one that they are solving a problem when it means to someone else they forgot to lock the front door. i,personally, was taught to keep a dream journal beside my bed and to write down what i remembered upon waking. then later analyze it. then, maybe a week or so later, go back to it. we can also learn alot about ourselves this way. Our dreams can help us overcome problems that we may have come up against during the day or they may be something we are looking forward to. some ppl believe sometimes their dreams are precognative, or they see the future in them. i have studied this intensively. any questions feel free to ask, i'll answer best i can. Angell
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I have had the same type dream for such a long time, but different scenerios. I dream that I am trying to walk but I can't move my legs, or they feel like cement. I try so hard to move them, that I wake up with my legs moving!! This has been going on for years. The other dream I have a lot is that I am talking and all of my teeth start crumbling, falling out of my mouth!

Weird huh? I often wonder what it means. Does it mean that someday I won't be able to walk? Or that I am going to lose all my teeth?

I also always dream in color too. I read somewhere that most dream in black and white!

Dawn
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I usually dream every night, and can usually for the most part remember them. They are always different every night.
    Most of them are not very pleasant.

Kriket
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

shrinks told me, "If you think a dream symbolizes something, it does."
  11. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

just a possibility: your not being able to walk dream may mean you are feeling helpless or pinned down in some aspect or circumstances of your waking life. You may feel unable to deal with a situation or that you can't do or change anything. Alternatively, you may feel emotionally paralyzed. You may have difficulties in expressing yourself.
    your teeth falling out dream commonly is a fear of losing money or something dear or special as in a ring or family member. Angell
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2006]
  12. petsrme

petsrme Member

My dreams are so weird and "out there" that I have quit trying to analyze them. They scare me sometimes and make me so angry. I wake up angry and try to erase the dream so it doesn't upset anyone. I dreamed just last night that my brother jokingly electrocuted me while my mother stood by laughing. I was so angry at her. It then segued into a dream about me not being able to keep food on my plate. I kept jerking and dropping food off my plate. Everyone was laughing at me.

Then I dreamed that my husband was a pedophile, who was trying to take a teenage boy into a sewer system. I confronted him with this in the dream and he jumped off a subway train. People then were just stealing from me left and right, taking my jewelry and anything sticking out of my purse. Childred were walking up to me and just taking thing. I couldn't stop them. It was like things were falling out of my pockets. I live in a small town and a state that doesn't even have subway trains. I have no idea why I dreamed this. I have no delusions that my husband is a pedophile or that I have gobs of money and jewelry to be stolen. The part about my brother and mother does make a little sense in that I feel she might not defend me in a situation pitted against my brothers.

I also dreamed about a big corporation that started in our town the night before. Lowes Home Improvement Hardware. I dreamed that they had taken over and anyone who tried to escape was covered in a big net that kept you from escaping. I kept trying to find ways out of the net, but they kept catching me. I was valiant to the end and almost found a way out, but the was awakened.

My family says I am freaky for dreaming all of these things. I hope I am not. It is just scary to dream these things and wake up so afraid or affected. I hope none of you think I am psyco for the dreams. I just wanted to share. I hope dreams are not always so significant. I dream things that have nothing at all to do with my conscious thoughts.
  13. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

nah. they don't always mean anything. sometimes meds make them change and be weird and so does stress or foods we eat.. i've had some really doozy of nightmares that still to this day make no sense. Angell
  14. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i used to keep a dream journal years ago. i believe i still have it somewhere. it's just fascinating to review it once in a while. i also would add my thoughts below the dream entry as to what i thought it meant for me; or what was going on in my life at the time.

i don't often have nightmares. i recall maybe 3-4 a year.

because my sleep patterns are basically messed up right now i'm surprised i even get to the deep sleep stages to remember any at all.

but, very fascinating hearing about all of your dreams. tho not the unpleasant ones.
  15. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I think you hit it right on the mark!! WOW, now it does make sense. Yes, basically I am emotionally paralyzed I guess in my marriage, and yes, I lost my mom 7 years ago and my baby girl 6 years ago. Haven't been the same since.
  16. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Hi everyone!

I dream a fair bit and I remember a bunch of em. My dreams are more often scary and freaky than nice and happy.

Petsrme- your freaky disturbing dreams sound like mine!!!! I recently told a friend the dream I had the other nite, and she was like "Damn!!! That's messed up!"

I also have the loose teeth, teeth falling out dreams alot. Gross.

But here's a happy part of my dreams- I am always much thinner then I am in reality. I used to be thin, now I am LARGE, But in my dreams it's the thinner me.

17. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I always remember the dreams I have right before waking up. I read somewhere those are the dreams we recall most. I dream a lot of the home where I grew up...different family scenarios. Thankfully it is very rare that I have a nightmare.