Do You Remember Your Dreams? I Do....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Jan 12, 2007.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

they are so vivid and real that sometimes I don't remember if something has happened or if I dreamed it.

I've looked in to dream interpretations a little & thought they were stupid.

I'm interested in your experiences.

I take trazadone or elavil or tylenol pm to help me sleep. This to might have something to do with my dreaming, I'm sure.

I feel such emotions when I wake. Also, in my dreams, alot of times I am in pain. Seems like I'm always lost, or looking for my car, or carrying a heavy load of some sort.
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

The couple of times I took Provigil, my dreams were extremely vivid and memorable.

The only other time I recall them is when I take melatonin. Thus far, I have done this only to help with jet lag.

Upon reflection, that may mean that I should take melatonin on a regular basis.

I sleep fine without it, but theoretically it does other things besides help sleep. Since I've been helped dramatically by every other hormone I've ever tried (except human growth hormone.....too strong for my body right now), it seems reasonable to think that one might be useful also.

I tend to think that never remembering your dreams is abnormal. Of course, having lots of bad dreams is undesirable and probably abnormal (from a physiological or psychological standpoint).

"Natural Hormone Balance for Women" by Uzzi Reiss, M.D., states that enough melatonin causes more vivid good/neutral dreams but that too much melatonin causes bad dreams.

Even when I take melatonin, my dreams are fine. (I've had one bad dream in the last five years, and it wasn't _that_ bad.) So perhaps I should try it on a regular basis and see what happens.

3. sitinpretty

sitinpretty New Member

I dont dream very often at all. Maybe once every few months. When I do dream I feel great the next day.