Do you see things that aren't really there?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by eeyoreblue02, Mar 26, 2006.

1. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I saw on another post where Rockgor and TMprincess were saying they do. Rockgor mentioned cats. I have been seeing cats for years. I do have cats in my house and I do know the difference between the real ones and the imaginary ones. I still "see" my favorite cat who passed away four years ago. I also see wild animals such as raccoons or foxes.

Tmprincess mentioned spiders, etc. I sometimes see smaller things like bugs, but usually larger animals. I have even seen people a few times.

This is always in my peripheral vision and disappears as soon as I turn my head for a better look.

I thought I was probably the only one who did this. I had asked my mom about it and she said it never happens to her. Of course, she's not sick either.

Could this possibly be a symptom of our illnesses? It's time for me to go to the eye doctor. I wonder if he would look at me all crazy if I asked him about it?

Linda :eek:)
  2. 121043

121043 New Member

Are you taking anti-depressants? When I was on paxil I had a problem with this.
    Loretta
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I was on Zoloft for years, switched to Effexor, hated it and have been on Cymbalta for two weeks. Maybe that's it.

Hey, we're neighbors. I can recommend my wonderful doctor to you. Right across the road from Erlanger, if you're interested. I had posted to you once before, but I don't think you ever saw it.

Linda
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Do you live in a haunted house? No really.I have seen some freaky things in my house.We live in my husbands grandparents old house. It is over 100 years old.I could tell you some wild stories we have all exsperinced here in this house.

Also I have bipolar. Just from my own past ecsperience when I was not being treated for my bipolar I would have bouts of mania.It's not that I seen things but I would hear voices of many people talking at one time.Nothing I could make out,sounded like different radio channels playing at one time.

Don't know what to tell ya as far as how to get treatment for this.Medication can make you see things that aren't there.Ambien made my daughter see some very wild things and she was talking out of her head.

I hope you get some answers.
    Sheila

5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My neuro says this is part of my seizure disorder.

I see something moving out of the corner of my eye, always the right eye and it makes me jump. I always think it's a spider.

I also see larger things, especially when I drive. This is a little scary and if the meds don't keep it under control I will have to stop driving. I will stop at a light and see a pedestrian on the right front corner of my car. When I look over, they aren't there. Also sometimes see a car on that side that isn't there. Guess that's better than not seeing one that is!

When I smell things that aren't there it is usually flowers, which is nice, or cigarettes, which is not!

Also have those little stars that you see if you bend over and get up too fast. I have them when I have a seizure even though I haven't moved at all. That can be a problem in the car, too, because I try to see the stars instead of the road.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I get that too, out of the coner of my eye I keep thinking that I see somrthing climbing up the walls, or I think I see people walking from the corner of my eye...I don't know what it is. it does freak me out a bit...so I completely understand what you are feeling.
    Ann
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

IF YOU SEE nonexistent cats.

Of course, if you start naming them and putting out food...