Do you sense "strange" things?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TropicalGirl, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Everyone,

OK, I don't know how to ask this without sounding crazy, so I am just going to do it.

Does anyone ever notice that you can "feel vibrations" when you hold certain inanimate objects, such as rocks, antique figurines, etc.?

Crazy, huh? I don't have neuropathy of my hands or limbs, so I know that it is not that, but ever since I was a little girl I always could "feel or know things" that other people could not. Now that I have this DD I have noticed that I really pick up what to me feels like "energies" from different things.

Am I crazy or does anybody else experience this? Yesterday I bought a couple of bracelets, rose quartz and amethyst, and when I wear them I honestly experience a "tingling sensation" on the arm that I am wearing them and my arm hair is standing up. (And no, it's not static electricity, I ruled that out.)

Alright, now I said it...hmmm.....what is your opinion?

Love you guys, hope all is well with you!

Tropical Girl
  2. AnnieLeu

AnnieLeu New Member

I don't have what you have but have ESP & quite often my dreams used to come thru....especially when I was married. I could dream that my husband was in a car crash, give you the time it would happen and the location, even down to what the other car looked like. Weird huh?
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

We are all, basically, energy, so it doesn't sound strange to me. I know exactly what you mean. I've never experienced energy from inanimate objects as strongly as you describe, but my daughter has. You would probably be a heck of a Reiki healer!
  4. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Again,

Yeah, I didn't even think of it until one of the posts mentioned Reiki healing...years ago I took a summer Reiki class and actually got "scolded" by the instructor because my hands would get so hot on the other classmates when we would do "hands on exercises" on each other that she made me stop touching the older classmates 'cause they complained I was too hot, my hands burned them. OOOPPPSSS...

Love ya!

Tropical Girl
  5. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

Myself and a number of my friends who are serious about our spiritual paths have FM and/or CFS. I've wondered if the same characteristics that draw people toward spiritual growth (being sensitive to or aware of subtle energies, for example) might make us sort of predisposed to these DDs. Maybe there's just something different about the way our nervous systems are wired that creates a heightened sensitivity to the world, to other people, and to our own emotions and makes us vulnerable to being overwhelmed by things that things that less-sensitive people take in stride or don't even notice, and after a while our input systems get overloaded and everything starts going haywire.

Does that make any sense to anybody but me?

Lee Ann
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

It was a most pleasant feeling when I read your post :)

I am JUST like you...

I read your profile, we could be sisters,we like all the same things, in fact my sister lives in Phoenix, well lived, she is now in Dewey, I think. We love ALL the same things and I keep a huge rose quartz behind my head as I sleep, I have always been in tune with rocks, esp. quartz...I live in Maine on a ridge of ledge, that's the only thing I like about here is that I am surrounded by beautiful trees, wildlife and my rocks...

I agree with another poster who said that many of us with these dd's are 'sensitive'...Reiki is next on my list of 'things to do'...The last time I had a therapist massage my upper back, she ran out and brought the doctor in, my body had turned beet red and 'burned' her...I thought I was in the movie 'the Exorcist' for a moment there...Crazy!!!

Have a great one and thanks for bringing this up, I believe we could start a new board with all the posts we would get from this...Maybe this is the real way to 'heal' and all this other nonsense is only making us sicker...I know all conventional medicine has always made me worse, esp. drugs, but since I have found 'alternatives' plus a primary care doc who is on the same wave length as I (we can always tell;)), I am improving immensely...

Peaceful days ahead~MamaDove
  7. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Google "the book of storms". P
  8. jaltair

jaltair New Member

We are both RNs and I have known many nurses who have "healing touch" capability. I don't think anything unusual about what you have experienced. I have also been more in "tune" to what others emotionally experience or think and have had some very odd experiences even as a child.

Perhaps, as someone said, it is the way we are wired or put together that predisposes us to getting our illnesses.

There have been times where negativity (not actions necessarily) on the part of others has actually caused me to get physically ill to where I've had to lay down or actually get sick. I do believe that others’ negative energy / illness can make one sick. It’s important as a “healer” that we keep our bodies and spirits innervated and alive.

I do believe that all God's creation is filled with life in special ways and that there is healing that can come through touch, thoughts, prayer, etc.

I’m 61 going on 62 now and not working any longer in nursing – I’m going to concentrate on trying to get healthier once again.
  9. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

than just what we can see.

I've always been psychic and spiritual. I think this disease either enhances it or we just need it more.

I can tell the difference between a real gemstone and a fake just by holding it. The real ones have a different feel to them, you just know it.
  10. hi all,

i sense strange things,and ive wrote about it on a post to do with crawling sensations in throat.

theres a mysterious fibre that has turned up in the air outdoors,three weeks ago.

i just cant go outside in the air,as it feels like it will do me in.

i put vaseline on my eyes,sat at the doorstep for 10 mins,then showed my husband these fibres that had attatched and stuck to my eyes.

he was horrified and rushed us all in the house,shutting windows and doors.

ive had to buy allergy tablets to just be able to breath,and calm down the skin pricking that these fibres are doing to me,all over my body.

its scary stuff.

i hope you feel better my friend,love fran
  11. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Wow- how funny ... I just posted on this board asking if anyone had heard about or done any bio-energetic work or healing, and then I read this! For all who have posted here, please check out that post because I'd like your input there as well!!

I definitely think that there are energies in the world beyond what can be seen or measured scientifically. I've always been a sensitive person, I can pick up on how other's feel and can usually sense if someone is upset or if something is wrong before other people. I'm very intuitive, and recently it's been very CONCRETE especially about one person in my life ... I've had flashes of insight of what this person will say to me, and then he says the exact words I thought he would!!

I definitely think that people who are empathetic, sensitive, intuitive, and/or healers in any way (nurses, other medical professionals, counselors, social workers) are more affected by other people's energies and the energies of places and things, including our whole entire environment. I think it would then make sense that people who are sensitive in this way take in energy differently so that it cause us to be overloaded or overwhelmed and our body then manifests physical problems and illnesses ... especially ones like CFIDS that seem so utterly hard to diagnose and treat, perhaps because it extends far beyond the physical world to encompass our emotional, spiritual and energetic selves.

Because of a recent pain problem I developed (after been healed from CFIDS for over a year now) I've investigated "bio-energetic work" as a way to deal with this new pain that medical people seem baffled by (I got sick of waiting around for tests and lack of treatment so I figured I'd try alternative methods).

I've had one session with a woman has used bio-energy work for herself and healed from supposedly permanent nerve damage and fibro (in addition to other things I believe) and she shared with me some beginning tools ... including how to "zip up" your energy field so that it's not as sensitive and vulnerable to other people's energy fields, negative judgments, etc and how to manually turn off your "alarm system" (essentially your nervous system's reactivity that can cause anxiety and panic attacks, etc). Even doing the short tricks she showed me, I could feel a difference in how I felt immediately. It was very surprising to me.

I feel like this type of healing work should be available to all people who have these illnesses because it seems to work on a level beyond how we are usually treated (with meds, supplements, etc).

I hope I continue to find this is beneficial.

Has anyone else worked with this before??

12. Jayna

Jayna New Member

plus get overwhelmed by other people's emotions.

I sometimes think that a good chunk of what I think of as 'brain fog' is simply being too overloaded with other people's thoughts & feelings, like having too many radios & tv's all playing at the same time. A lot of it clears up when my house is empty of other people for a few hours.
  13. mariellenl

mariellenl New Member

Mostly to other people's energy. I avoid being touched by anyone that I don't know, because some people just drain the life out of me with a handshake. There are days when I will be having a really good day for me and I'm feeling what I call energetic and getting some things done then Wham! Someone will come up to me in the store or out somewhere and put their hand on my arm or shoulder and I feel the energy leave me. I generally have to go home and lay down for a while after these encounters. I'll get home and hubby will ask what is the matter and I tell him I got zapped by an energy vampire.
  14. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Energy Vampire! Thats very funny.

Well this happens to me sometimes when I am working on someone (massage) and I just feel totally drained. Have to use my "invisable force field" around my body -so to speak- otherwise times that by 3 and I get very drained in a day. Partially why I limit the number of clients I see in a day. Its hard to be "present" with each one amd give the full attention rather than just going thru the motions...I think they deserve that.

I have sorta the same thing with the "hot" hands... I havent burned anybody... but they get so warm that I will be asked (new clents) what do I use on my hands to get them so warm OR I really love the warming mitts you use on me during the massage ... felt wondeeeerrrrfullll.

I have been told that its due to healing energy...maybe so.

I also feel energies from antiques and objects but not to the extent that you do. I think thats incredible, a true gift you have - maybe it will develop into something you can help people with?? Wow. Very interesting.

OH but at the same time ... it might help to learn some grounding techniques and ways to try to filter out some of the "stuff."

15. hi all,

im one of those people that carries eletrical charges around with me.

people dont like touching the things that ive just touched,as they get a electric shocks off the thing id previously had in my hands.

a lady at work keeps getting shocks off a hoover,that id used,then gave it to her.

ill leave the hoover on the floor,and she will pick it up about three mins later.

the eletric socket at work is safe,so its not a issue with that.

my son,and my dog hate me to touch them,as i give them shocks.

what can i do to stop this horrible thing happening to me?

love fran
  16. valflo

valflo New Member

tropical girl
    WOW. Its funny to hear someone else state that. I try to explain to my friends and MD that I can feel actual vibrations in my body like when the dogs bark at a certain pitch or maybe its when I'm having a bad FM day. But it is so real. I also notice some things, example: I too am a nurse, I worked Rehab, Vents and Dialysis over the years. I somehow knew when patients were going to die even though they were not seriously sick at the time. I am a person who believes in God and assumed he blessed or sometimes I wonder if it was a curse, but nontheless it was so. Another example is when my cousin was having some personal problems I heard my telephone ringing in my head, but at the same time I was looking directly at the phone and it wasn't ringing and then within seconds the phone rang. This is very strange. I just accept things and believe in them even though I don't know the rationale behind them, pretty much like this disease.
  17. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Thanks Rainbow11!! Yeah, I didn't add details cause I didn't know if people would want to know. Thanks for writing the how to. ;)

How I learned is very similar. Basically it's based on the energy centers called Chakras in Yoga traditions. The simple version is this: at the pubic bone you have your root chakra, slightly higher at your belly/lower abdomen is your sacral chakra, higher at the space right below your sternum where your ribs come together is the solar plexus chakra, at your throat is your throat chakra, between the middle of your eyes and a little above (more between your eyebrows) is your third eye chakra and the top of your head is your crown chakra. (For more info on yoga and/or chakras you can just google it, image google helps you find pictures of where these chakras are thought to be located-- they do have slightly different names)

(1) start with you hands around your public bone in the front of your body. Imagine energy starting at this center
    (2) move your hands slowly up (still imagining energy throughout this process) to the belly/sacral chakra
    (3) move up to the solar plexus chakra
    (4) up to the throat chakra
    (5) up to the third eye
    (6) start at your BACK, at your root chakra (base of pelvis/spine)
    (7) move up along your back (as much as your arms allow, reach over from the top when you need to (visualizing energy moving along the line all along)
    (8) move all the way to the crown chakra at the top of the head
    (9) come down to the front of the face, passing the third eye chakra down the nose, over the lips and imagine the energy settling in the back of your throat

That's how I was told. And just like rainbow11 said, I did the "muscle test" with the person who shared with me the "zip up" tip and it FREAKED ME OUT it worked so well. Whoa.

Maybe I should just morph my attempt at having a thread all about bio-energy work (exactly what we're describing) into this one ... mine is not getting any attention and this is quite similar in topic matter ....
  18. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

And thanks for typing the directions out Ellikers. I find meditations and energy work help me a lot. I've just got to remember to do them constantly as the effect wears off me all the time. It's especially hard to remember to do them when I'm stressed and need them the most.

I also find creating energy shields to be helpful. The zip-up with an energy shield should really help. :)

19. kriket

kriket New Member

I too sense things before they happen. It is hard to explain yet evrn stranger to experience. I belive that some people are just more sensitive than others. It can be a gift and a curse !!!!!!!!

20. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I have been following the thread for the last couple of days and I finally decided to post because it has made me smile so much!
    My hubby and mom-in-law are healers and I benift so much from them. I am sensitive to energy but not to the extent they are.
    My Dr actually told me he belives that because pain is asociated with the emotional center of our brain that those who have chronic pain are always open to emotions and in time become aware of sensations others can not feel.

At times my huby and I have laughed about what people would say if they listened to us talking in bed about putting up a barrier so he can sleep. He has been so wonderful to softly pull my pain out of my body on very bad days which takes a lot out of him. The power of the mind never stops amazing me.

It was my mom-in-law who led me to a dx of FM. she recently told me that the first time she hugged me she knew but was too sad to tell me then.

Do any of you face people calling you crazy? I wish there was a way to help the rest of my family understand the power of healing hands.

thank you for posting about this!