Do you suffer from BLOAT????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Francey54, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Everyone:

I have a terrible time with bloat. Sometimes I feel and look like I swallowed a basketball. I know it is not food related because many times I don't eat that much and I stil feel bloated. It is a very uncomfortable feeling and is driving me CRAZY!!

How about you guys? Is this part of our FM symptoms???

Hugs,
    Francey54
  2. nina2

nina2 New Member

I have IBS which is another spin off from fibro,
    so it's probably due to that. There is bloating with that.

There can be many reasons for it.From your stomach down to your colon. Any part of the digestive system may be affected by fm so that's what you have to look into.

I know the feeling, it's apparent that my once flat stomach has gone forever. No matter what I do. Bahhhhh!

nina
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Definitely produces exactly what you are talking about! It's not how much you eat, you could just be consuming a small amount of it---but if you are sensitive to it, it only takes a small amount. For me, it produces *smelly* flatulence, bloating, and after a while, nausea.

Some people here have described the bloating from gluten as looking like you are 7 months pregnant. Check out some old posts on gluten or wheat intolerance/allergy. Again, it's not that you are over-eating in any way, it could just be what you are eating, even in a small quantity. Gluten is notorious for having the bloating effect if you are sensitive.

You might try avoiding it completely for a couple of weeks so see if it makes any difference...

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Thanks Pam for the insight on Gluten and Wheat. I do eat alot of wheat. Didn't know that it could be that. Hmmm, I will try not eating it for a week and see what happens.

Stormeyskye: What is Probiotics and how do I get it???

Thanks friends.
    Francey54
  5. Megumi

Megumi New Member

Never know if it's from what I've eaten, FM or IBS. Whichever it is, I can end up looking like I'm about to deliver a 13 pound baby!! Thank God for Gas-X!!!!!!
  6. nina2

nina2 New Member

Thanks for the imput Pam, sure makes sense.

Stormysky, gotcha! I will do my research on that. Thanks.

megumi- Beano was suggested to me by my gastroenterologist.
    Haven't tried it yet.

nina
  7. tamara!

tamara! New Member

I've tested myself several times by going off and on wheat. Every time I stop my IBS clears up. The problem is that there is wheat gluten in many, many things! Even carmel coloring is made with malt which is from wheat. There's a ton more info. out there if you do a google search for"celiac spruce" disease(which is wheat-gulten intolerance) you will get a lot of good info. you'll be suprised by all of the food that has wheat in it. Also look up gluten free recipes. If you're interested in seeing if this is the problem then I hope the info. helps.
    Good Luck.