Do you suffer with feeling really wired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gilly26, May 18, 2006.

1. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

Hi again

Thank u for the warm welcome its comforting to know their are people out their who understand. Do any of u experience feeling wired as if every nerve in your body has been switched on and all u want to do is lay down and rest but your body wont let u. i find this really hard to cope with and the only way to take the edge off is with pain killers, which isnt ideal.

Thank u

Gilly26
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Been in a fog all week too, can't seem to get through it.I really feel I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I think it has been brought on by stress this week. I hate feeling this way. Everything is hurting. So I understand what you are going through.
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I literally become hyper and break out in a hot red/purple rash and act like a lunatic. I don't know why, not taking any medication that has that side affect on me. People who work with me are always saying "oh no, here comes 3:00 p.m. and she is going to go hyper on us." I can't control my body and I talk ninety miles a minute for no reason.

TxSongBird
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Do you have CFS? You may have an up-regulated autonomic nervous system. If so, herbal teas such as Tazo Calm tea and Yogi Organic Calming tea might help. Prescription medications are Xanax and Klonopin.
  5. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

About two years ago, I went for 2-3 days at a time without sleeping. My doctor had me wear a monitor for 24 hours because he suspected that my Central Nervous System was "idling" high all the time.

Last year I started the medication "Xyrem" (see my posts), and it helped the sleep problem so significantly that I am virtually free of ALL FM/CFS symptoms today.

An overactive CNS is very common in FM and CFS, so that could be the problem.

julie (is free!)

Forgive
    It's a mighty big word
    for such a small man.. - Rebecca Lynn Howard
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

7. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Along with all the other chronic pain issues that I have , I also have restless legs. They have to move all the time.
    I can remember being little and having my mom be sitting on my bed and having her tell me to hold me legs and feet still when I was in bed.

Last night I noticed that I was moveing my legs and feet all the time till I finally fell alseep.
    My feet seem to have a life of their own as I feel like I have to twist , & wiggle and wind them around my legs.

so for me it is hard to fell alseep at night.
    And add this darn heat is driving me nuts now. But I do understand how you feel that you have to keep moving and have no control over you legs and feet.
    Don't know what to tell you to help you with this but I do understand this problem quite well.
    I wish you luck.
    Rosemarie
  8. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have CFS, and have often felt wired like you say. But, I have found that as soon as that feeling starts, it's time to lie down. If you lie down and close your eyes, after ten or fifteen minutes you will feel the feeling slowly dissipate, and then you can actually rest for an hour or so. But, you can't keep on keeping on, you have to SLOW DOWN no matter what. Take care. Marie
  9. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

I would have to agree with Marie. As soon as you start feeling like that you should lie down, perhaps take some Xanax or some tea that is calming to you and stay down until you start to feel less wired.

I used to get like this a lot. I have had CFS for 10 years now and that was one of the worst feeings. In recent years it is not a major factor because I use Xanax and use no caffeine, limit sugar intake, consciously try to relax, and take no meds that I know act as stimulants and kick me into that pattern again.

It's a terrible feeling and honestly, you think you're going nuts like a mad hamster on a wheel that just can't stop and get off. When I first got sick I went a week, night and day, without sleep because of feeling like that and it also caused some really bad panic attacks.

Best of luck to you - been there. I bet with time and some of the good suggestions that people on this site give you this will not always be a problem.

Harrysmom
  10. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Yep, if I drink too much caffeine.
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have that restless leg thingie to.I sleep with a pillow between my feet and I have to move them like the fin of a fish .Back and forth.I count the moves like sheep til I fall asleep.
    I also wiggle my feet when I'm setting on the couch,drives my hubby nuts.:)
    It could also be Anxiety you'd do better with an anti depression med like zoloft
  12. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Try taking some GABA and/or Theanine. GABA is a calming neurotransmitter and is natural to your body. Theanine will help boost dopamine levels to make you calm but alert. I use GABA every day for sleep and sometimes if I'm really stressed out after work I'll take a Theanine.
  13. Scapper

Scapper New Member

This pretty much describes my CFIDS. I have a total inability to sleep but I'm exhausted beyond words.

I literally build up a tolerance to sedating drugs and/or natural supplements within a very short time -- sometimes even days. Nothing puts me down for sleep or calms down my inner being (whether it's my central nervous system or autonomic nervous system, I really don't know anymore)

When I first started klonopin, this really helped. However, watch how far you go up on your dose. It's very difficult to come off -- in my experience that is.

scapper
  14. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i get the exact same thing. xanax has been a complete wonder for ending that horrible feeling. ask your dr. for some to try if he will prescribe it.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel
  15. zerped

zerped New Member

I began getting periods kind of like the ones you describe. It didn't seem to have any correlation to the med.'s I was taking, or my caffeine consumption. Whatever the cause, it reminded me of the one or two times I snorted crank back in "the good ol' days." Not pleasant. The best thing to get out of it was, as someone suggested earlier, to simply lie down, close my eyes and calm down my mind. I don't really know TM or other formal meditation disciplines, but if I can clear my mind of ANY thoughts, my body will slow down and gradually become "normal."

After dealing with this for 6 mos. or so, it seems to have gone away. Hope this helps and welcome!
  16. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that I am going into sensory overload.Linda
  17. CountryRocker

CountryRocker New Member

My daughter told me something to do for my RLS. It sounds way too easy, but she said in one of her groups they said to rub a bar of dry soap over your legs and leave the bar of soap in your bed by your legs.
    I don't sleep with the soap, but do rub it on my legs at night and it works.