Do you take any vitamins and do they help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvlabs, Jul 12, 2006.

1. luvlabs

luvlabs New Member

I would like to know if you take any vitamins to help the Fibro and if so, what do you take. Thanks!
  2. cathy31

cathy31 New Member

I'm taking vit. b-12, the kind that dissolves on your tongue, and a daily multi-vitamin. I'm also hearing that the b-12 shots are more effective than the pills, so I'm going to talk to my dr. about that. I have noticed an increase in energy, mild though, since starting the b-12. But with fibro, I'm learning, any energy is better than nothing! :>)
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've just bumped my post about The Changes I've made on the way to Wellness for you.

It explains more carefully what I'm taking and how it's working for me.

Many of us depend on vitamins...I'll also bump my other thread for you to.

Nancy
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

The only vitamins that I take are;

* multi-vitamin/multi-mineral capsule for "mature" adults
    * extra folic acid (for my heart)
    * extra calcium+D (for my osteoporosis)
    * gelatin capsules (for my nails)

I have no idea if they help or not, but I continue to take them every day!!!!! LOL

I know I do not eat properly; therefore, I think taking a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral capsule daily is necessary for me because I have so many health problems.

Janet

5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I am not sure if someone mentioned magnesium, but you might want to look into taking magnesium supplements. They have helped a lot of people on this board, and I take them myself and wouldn't be without them.

I also take the ZMA that I order from this site, and it really helps with sleeping problems. It makes you sleepy, if you have trouble falling asleep. It contains mag. b-6 and zinc, so you would want to include that in your magnesium intake.

Take care, Sally
  6. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

a cheap multivitamin twice a day, and a calcium/magnesium combo. During the winter, I also take a Malt and Cod Liver Oil Extract which seems to help get over colds/flu quicker.

Something must be working, because I haven't had to take pain meds for the fibro for ages. Oops, I hope I haven't spoken too soon.
  7. cymbeline

cymbeline New Member

I take calcium and magnesium 600mg each an hour before bed and it has helped relax my muscles and improved my sleep. i also take vitanmin E and ginko biloba for my circulation which seem s to help with some of my pain. I also take vit B complex.
    I found i was deficient in lots of vitamins and minerals as my body wasn't absorbing them properly. I don't know if other people have this difficulties. For me they thought it might have been linked to taking antibiotics when younger. i went on a clensing retreat which made a big difference to my digestion. Before this any supplements i took didn't seem to make much difference.