Do you take B12 shots? and do they help you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Oct 13, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

My new doc started me on B12 shots 1cc daily for 10 days in a row. My B12 was real low and he wants to try a quick boost to see if it helps.He also put me on vitamin D and nystatin. Has anyone tried this? My PCP had not even heard of it. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks ~hugs~ Mick!!
  2. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

yes, i think b-12 injections help. i do 1cc 3x's a week. they seem to give me a bit more energy. if i forget, i feel the difference, usually i only do 2 a week, b/c i also give myself nexavir injections, and at times i need a break from all the needles!! well,it's worth a try.
    good luck
    anne
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi,
    I take B12 shots twice week and they do help. I've been doing high dose ones and they have helped even more. I do find that if I give myself a break every once in a while, I get more of a boost.
    There is lots of info on this if you do a search.

Kathy
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have been prescribed B-12 injections for 2 years. I did take them every other day but a few months ago I decided to take them less frequently. I had a blood test and my B-12 was excessively high. Although they told me it would not hurt me, I now take them every 4th day. It saves us some money and I don't get a big boost from them.
  5. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

6. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Bump one more time :)
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

what dose of B12 do u use?
    cheers
    delia
  8. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

1cc per day for ten days then off it till next month :)
  9. deliarose

deliarose New Member

so now I can relate my dose to the other posters.

I've been taking a couple of ccs a day.. but I think u need mega doses to see a difference....

delia
  10. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Do you take it daily or just for a certaqin amount of days and then stop for awhile. I am just curious if the way my doc is having me take it is weird or normal? Thanks Mick!
  11. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I used to take them a few times a week. They helped my coordination (e.g. my golf swing) a lot, and so I tend to think that I am low on B12 and that they helped. They didn't make me substantially less tired, but I now think that's because my viral load is so high that it overpowers everything else.

Now I cannot take them at all because I have a deadly latex allergy that prevents me from using any drug that requires pushing a needle through a rubber stopper. I'm pretty sure this allergy resulted from using too many such drugs. I'd suggest that people not do too many shots unless they really help. this is a very dangerous allergy---you really don't want to get it.