Do you take Prozac - good or bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hideycat, Feb 20, 2003.

1. hideycat

hideycat New Member

Does anyone out there take Prozac? Does it help or not.

Are there bad sides to it?

thanks for you help!
  2. rigby

rigby New Member

I tried prozac twice and it made my migraine awful where I would be in the ER throwing up. That is the only two time that has happen so I believe Prozac made migraine awful.
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

hi hideycat,

i went on to prozac in 2001 in the middle of a bout of major depression. i was first on one tablet and it was fantastic - it took the edge off and i was able to smile. my doc upped me to 2, and again it was great. the effectiveness wore off after about a year and i was put on 3 tablets a day. that wore off after 6 months and i didn't want to go any higher because i was getting headaches like never before. so for me it was great in the short term, but not so good in the long term. i have now just started taking avanza - which is new - and it has taken a bit of an edge off, but not much, and is causing headaches.

phenom
  4. LErdman

LErdman New Member

I take Wellbutrin twice a day and Prozac in the morning. I have had no side affects and it does help me. When I stopped taking Prozac I felt like crying EVERY day. So now I have been back on it for about a year.

Good Luck.

LErdman