Do you think a Xmas gift is appropriate for my P.T.?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claudiaw, Dec 18, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I finally found a good p.t., she's the 4th I've gone to.I've only been going to her for about 6 mos., but
    I would like to give her a small christmas gift, just as a thank you, but not sure if it would be crossing professional/personal boundries.

I don't want to come across as "needy" or, 'pushy' or too "friendly".

I don't know if I would then need to bring a gift for the rest of the staff as well , unless I hide the gift and give discreetly in the room.

My appt. is in the morning and not sure what to do.

I appreciate your wise input.:)

Thank's in advance,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2006]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

if you want too, I'm sure others give gifts.

If it's not allowed she'll explain that to you. I've thought about giving my very kind doctor a present for a few years now but I think its discouraged here (Scotland).

If you deal a lot with other staff, why not give a big box of candy for them all to share, if you dont deal with them much then just give to your PT.

It's nice to be appreciated and if it's allowed, I'm sure she'll be really happy.

3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I was actually thinking of giving a box of chocolate for the ladies who make the appt.'s.:)

and just have the gift for my p.t. in my coat so it won'y be seen by other patient's or staff.

This is usually when most p.t. start getting burnt out with me because I don't continue to improve, because of corse this is a chronic condtion.

Maybe a small gift will help keep her motivated! Just kidding ( sort of:).

Thanks again,
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

My physio and I talk during my sessions. She said she likes doing those math puzzles. So I went to the dollar store and bought her a couple of books and a couple of candles. For the rest of the staff I bought a package of tea bags and a box of cookies. If you don't want to do that you can always just give cards. I have been with them for almost 3 years. Our dollar stores have great gifts for $1or $2. I gave a gift to my rheumatologist and just a card for my family doc. I gave a card to the office staff .
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2006]
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi. I like the idea of somthing for the office staff. You can never go wrong giving to the office staff---that is good strategic planning.

For the doctor---either get her some candy too, or bake her some Christmas cookies. I wouldn't purchase anything that could be construed as personal. Eg. gloves, scarf, desk magnet, etc.

The exception would be a hand made Christmas ornament. That I think you could get by with. She would take it home and do with it whatever she wanted.

It just shouldn't be anything that she would be expected to permanently keep in her office/work environment. Then she would be put in the situation where she may not be able to accept the gift.

I'd stick with candy or baked goods. Who doesn't love chocolate!
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you wanted to give a discreet gift, how about a gift certificate for lunch/meal at a local restaurant?

Nancy B
  7. mary124

mary124 New Member

I gave my PT samples from Avon (I sale Avon); I also gave the 2 nurses that I deal with at the Coumadin lab as they give me samples for my husband's medication all the time also made some cookies for the office this year.